Jan 03 2012
By: king8251 First Son 4 posts

PSN Account help

6 replies 136 views Edited Jan 3, 2012

Heres the situation.  I never had a PSN account on my user name.  I now have Gran Turismo 5 and Battle Field 3.  I have gotten real far on both.  I would like to play online but to come and find out my son's friend used his PSN account on my user name.  I can not log into my PSN account under my user name.  How can I remove his email from my account and allow me to use my email to use my PSN account.  I dont want to start another user name and lose all of my game progress.  Any help will be great.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: PSN Account help

Jan 3, 2012

Hey King,

I've moved this on over to our PSN support area so you can get a better answer. 

My suggestion is to talk to your son's friend and have him update the e-mail on his PS3 to a personal one.  Then once that has been updated you will be able to update your account to the previously taken e-mail.

-SP

Message 2 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2012

I might not be understanding what you are saying.  My son's friend is using a personal email.  When I enter my email on my user name it says I can not use a seperate PSN account on that user name.  His friend now live 23 hour drive away.  I guess its the same email on both machines as they play online together.

Message 3 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Would this work?.....I get his password, log into the account on my PS3.  Go into the account management and change the ID Email and be able to log into PSN under my Email.  Just trying to brainstorm this without losing all my info.

Message 4 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Nope didn't work.  I think I am at a dead end.

Message 5 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jan 4, 2012

You're hooped. Unfortunately, Sony didn't make the account linking very intuitive. If you need help rebuilding your garage of cars, try posting in the Gran Turismo 5 forum. You will find people happy to lend you cars or race your B-spec racers for easy money.

Message 6 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2596 posts

Jan 4, 2012

You're Hooped? (never heard this one, did you mean they are boned?)

Okay, before more damage gets done.

king8251 wrote:

Would this work?.....I get his password, log into the account on my PS3.  Go into the account management and change the ID Email and be able to log into PSN under my Email.  Just trying to brainstorm this without losing all my info.

This is pretty much you "Hacking" , Hijacking their account.  When you create a user name and then link it to and set it up to use the PSN it is linked forever.  By you changing anything it will change your child's friends account, possibly prevent them from accessing the PSN for that account on their ps3.

You should create a new user or two.  Depending on the AGE of your child you may wish to create a Master Account and place them in a Sub account, however you should know that there is a difference in the psn when it is for a sub account and an under 18 year old person; later on when/if they transfer the account to a new ps3 or try to use the "adult" features there may be some issues and also there are some games that will prevent voice chat during online play or allow them to join other friends/family members in game lobbies - who may have no sub-account child status associated with their psn account.

color tag 001

Message 7 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes