Jun 13 2013
By: Sesshoumaru First Son 13 posts

PSN Account Region

3 replies 110 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a UK account since 2006. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Help would be appreciated.

Sidenote: Anything other than "just make a new account" would be greatly prefered, since that nugget of insight is nothing new to me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16227 posts

Re: PSN Account Region

Jun 13, 2013

Sesshoumaru wrote:

Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a UK account since 2006. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Sidenote: Anything other than "just make a new account" would be greatly prefered, since that nugget of insight is nothing new to me. 

No. Use the nugget of insight you already possess. It's your only option.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Sesshoumaru wrote:
Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a ES account since 2011. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16227 posts

Jun 13, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Sesshoumaru wrote:

No. Use the nugget of insight you already possess. It's your only option.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes