Highlighted
Jun 13 2013
By: Sesshoumaru First Son 13 posts

PSN Account Region

3 replies 140 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a UK account since 2006. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Help would be appreciated.

Sidenote: Anything other than "just make a new account" would be greatly prefered, since that nugget of insight is nothing new to me. 

Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20389 posts

Re: PSN Account Region

Jun 13, 2013

Sesshoumaru wrote:

Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a UK account since 2006. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Sidenote: Anything other than "just make a new account" would be greatly prefered, since that nugget of insight is nothing new to me. 

No. Use the nugget of insight you already possess. It's your only option.

Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Sesshoumaru wrote:
Is there anyway I can have my accounts region changed? I live in America but have been stuck with a ES account since 2011. It's never been an issue since I just bought PSN items from another account but now with the PS4 coming up requiring PS Plus that means I won't be able to use this account as I do now and I would very much like to finally see it 'fixed' to an USA account. I understand that the reason this cannot be done is something about not being able to switch the download content or something but is there anyone I can contact to work this out with? I'm perfectly okay with having my entire 'purchase history' wiped clean, I don't need ANYTHING I've downloaed on this account to be transfered, having a clean slate would be fine. I just want to be able to preserve my username and trophies, the rest can be purged for all I care. Is there anything that can be done? I really would prefer to be able to continue using this account for PS4 when it arrives.

Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20389 posts

Jun 13, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Sesshoumaru wrote:

No. Use the nugget of insight you already possess. It's your only option.

Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes