Dec 08 2013
By: Cheebazord First Son 7 posts

PS4 internet connection successful but PSN cannot connect to internet (repost)

9 replies 8509 views Edited Dec 8, 2013

so when i get on my ps4 my psn isnt signed in and when i go to sign in i get Connot connect to Interner. (NW-31485-1). i go test the internet connection and the internet connection is Succesful but on PSN Sign-In it Fails with the message You are signed out of PSN. so i cant connect to PSN since it said i dont have internet conncetion and the Test Internet Connection wont complete itself cause i cant connect to PSN but i can use the internet browser or use the Crackle app to watch a movie. what the funky funk is this? Ive had this problem since blackfriday when i got the ps4. if im lucky i can connect to PSN after rebooting the ps4 5 to 10 times or waiting the next day and when i do connect to psn and get on a game for multiplayer, i stay connected for maybe an hour befor i get dropped of the network. i checked my internet service provider, ive tried switching from wifi to a lan connection and still the same problem, i tried different routers (4 routers) using the wifi and lan for each one, open ports and all yet still the same problem. im not sure if this is how PSN is since i am new to the playstation nation and my long years with XBL never had a profile sign-in internet connection issue. i hope i didnt get a faulty ps4 since it was also my first time purchesing a new system from GameStop and we all know how they do. does any one have the same issue? please help? or know if this is something that can be fixed? maybe?..

I just what to experience the so call "greatness" of my ps4.

im fed up with this bs to the point where the xbone is started to appear in my sleep.

Message 1 of 10 (8,509 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Re: PS4 internet connection successful but PSN cannot connect to internet (repost)

Dec 8, 2013

I've been having the exact same problem it has to be something on the PSN side sadly nothing you can do.

Message 2 of 10 (8,479 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: PS4 internet connection successful but PSN cannot connect to internet (repost)

Dec 8, 2013

its very frustrating.

Message 3 of 10 (8,470 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Who is your ISP? It's a regular consumer ISP, not a hotel or school or anything like that?

You've tried 4 different routers, but have you tried swapping the modem with your ISP?

Also, some ISP's provide a modem/router combo, and it can be very difficult to turn off the router function of the modem, and you end up double-NATing your connection which is no good.

Message 4 of 10 (8,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

I have an apartment, Internet comes from an ethernet port in the wall. The provider is Comcast. No router, no modem, no nothing. If I plug one end of the ethernet cable into the ethernet port and the other end of the ethernet cable to my PS4 and I get to use every online feature EXCEPT for sign into PSN is it MY PROBLEM or Sony's?

And when I test my Internet everything passes up until the PSN log in.

Message 5 of 10 (8,271 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Dec 9, 2013

JUICIEST-UNICORN wrote:

I have an apartment, Internet comes from an ethernet port in the wall. The provider is Comcast. No router, no modem, no nothing. If I plug one end of the ethernet cable into the ethernet port and the other end of the ethernet cable to my PS4 and I get to use every online feature EXCEPT for sign into PSN is it MY PROBLEM or Sony's?

And when I test my Internet everything passes up until the PSN log in.

Oh, haven't heard of that kind of setup before. I would contact whoever you pay for internet service (landlord or comcast) to have them help you troubleshoot the issue. They could be inadvertently blocking some communication needed by the PS4.

Message 6 of 10 (8,229 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 26, 2014
I need help I cant go online I get internet connection suceeded but the psn its failed the error code is CE-33992-6 Please I need help Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 10 (6,633 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2015
I have that exact same problem
Message 8 of 10 (2,284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2015
i was wondering if a proxy server would help im not the smartest when it comes to terms and devices etc because this is my first console and i have no idea how to make it sign it properly (error code CE-33987-0 i have no idea what that means)
Message 9 of 10 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2015
Can you explain to me what an ISP is etc im really ignorant to all of this and I just would like to try anything from a good proxy server (any suggestions?) to some random thing you tell me about
Message 10 of 10 (2,054 Views)
0 Likes