Nov 15 2013
By: lunacyfringeam First Son 2 posts

PS4 game freezing

12 replies 3452 views Edited Nov 15, 2013
So has anyone been experiencing game freezing on their ps4 tonight when it comes to multi-tasking? Example: I was playing BF4 and received a message, so I hit the PS button to take me to the home screen, then when I re enter the game it has become non-responsive. The system stays fully operational but I need to close the game completely and restart it to have control again. It's happened to me several times now.
Message 1 of 13 (3,452 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 game freezing

Nov 16, 2013
This has been happening to me as well. I was playing bf4 and went to send and invite to a friend and this did the same thing. It also did it on resogun. This is very annoying and should be addressed.
Message 2 of 13 (3,345 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Hey guys, I have experienced the same thing. I thought it was perhaps my bf, then I tried it with killzone and same thing and also with assassins creed and the same result, I felt it was my console but hopefully that's not the case, I thought I was the only one experiencing this but seems like it must be everyone, hopefully they fix this.
Message 3 of 13 (3,321 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Happening to me as well, constantly!!!! In BF or KZ... Anytime I click the PS button to check my party or simply quick exit the game via the PS button... It hangs up and the controller doesn't work except for the share button and PS button. Sony needs to fix all of these issues... It's a pretty horrible launch with us gamers spending more time in error screens or freezes than playing the games we just forked over our hard earned cash for. Step it up... Don't make me regret switching from Microsoft.
Message 4 of 13 (3,270 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Message 5 of 13 (3,256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Same thing happening to me too, except when I try to reset the system by holding down the power button nothing happens, the system beeps and remains frozen..and I don't think pulling the cord is a "healthy" solution to this. Its really annoying to not be able to multitask as I would on ps3 and xbox360..I feel like I have downgraded in terms of user functionality just to stare at pretty frozen images..
Message 6 of 13 (3,251 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I get the same here in the UK, only played BF4 so far but whenever I hit the PS button to invite friends etc, thats it, no responsive buttons or sticks except PS button.

If I am in game my soldier is rooted to the spot, action still going on around him, just cant move him.

If I am in the game menu, it freezes the cursor wherever it was at the time I hit the PS button.

Thought it may be the controller so tried another but still the same, have reinstalled BF but still the same, have just  initialized the PS4 to factory settings incase it was a bad update file (option 6 in the safe mode menu) awaiting instal of BF4 to finish as I type.

if still no joy I'll try Option 7 (initialize PS4 - reinstall system software)

If still no luck I think a call to Sony is on the cards.

Message 7 of 13 (3,087 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 30, 2013

SORTED, for me anyway.

Its BF4's invite a friend using battlelog ingame that is the catalyst for the problem!!

if you try to invite a friend using this method you will get a brief flash screen of the "send invite" page and upon return to battlelog you cant do anything except use the PS button to close the application.

After this EVERY time you use the PS button your soldier will freeze to the spot despite action going on all around.

If you put another game in, the same will happen if you use the PS button.

The only remedy is to power down the PS4 completely (NOT standby) and restart.

then all will be as should be, until you use the "invite a friend" via BF4 ingame Battlelog

TEST IT, i just have on my wifes PS4 upstairs, all is ok until I use BF4 battlelog invite, then every thing siezes if you use PS button.

She never had this problem (making me think mine was duff) as I always find the games and invite her, hence not an issue on hers.

Power down and it obviously removes the bug that the invite system creates. also if your in party chat and you use the battlelog invite you will notice you now sound like Norman Collier to your guests!

Check it out, you'll find it to be true!!

Happy now I dont have to send the PS4 away!!

Message 8 of 13 (3,079 Views)
Wastelander
683 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Just a helpful tip to everyone getting errors from BattleField 4; This is EA/DICE, they have released a pre-beta build as if it was a final build. The game runs just as bad, if not worse on PC, Xbox One, 360, and PS3.

If you have crashing problems with the game, please post your complaints at Origin/EA/DICE's forums, as well as here.

Message 9 of 13 (3,075 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 1, 2013
For some reason my system freezes during playing any game. I've only played lego marvel and war frame . Those games freeze after playing a couple of minutes.
Message 10 of 13 (3,056 Views)