Feb 04 2014
By: chilighost Splicer 46 posts

PS4 Updates While in Standby Not Downloading?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 251 views Edited Feb 4, 2014

When I turned on my PS4 this morning from standby, it notified me that there was an update for AC4 as well as the 1.60 System Update.  I had to then wait for each update to download and install.  I thought these types of updates would download automatically when in standby?

I have all the options enabled in Settings for an Internet Connection while in standby.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any solution?  It would have been nice to have both of these big updates already downloaded when I woke up this morning.

Edit: Thread moved from General Discussion.

--Emmental-er

Message 1 of 5 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: PS4 Updates While in Standby Not Downloading?

Feb 4, 2014

Mine doesn't work either we are beta testers.

Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Feb 4, 2014
I have experienced it as well. I'm not sure if Sony doesn't know about it or it is a select few that experience it or both, but I would like to know if there's a fix as well.
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 3 of 5 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Feb 4, 2014

Same goes here

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 4, 2014

chilighost wrote:

When I turned on my PS4 this morning from standby, it notified me that there was an update for AC4 as well as the 1.60 System Update.  I had to then wait for each update to download and install.  I thought these types of updates would download automatically when in standby?

II think it checks periodically for any updates even while in standby mode. Maybe the updates became available after it checked so the system didn't see them until you turned it on. I've had my PS4 give notifications about downloading updates while it was in suspend mode and sometimes it starts them right when I boot it up.

Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)
0 Likes