Mar 21 2017
By: MegaDDet First Son 8 posts

PS4 Update 4.5 Rubber Banding (Wi-Fi)

1 replies 243 views Edited Mar 21, 2017

I am definitely not the only one with this issue. After the update 4.5 I have been rubber banding in online gameplay. It's unbearable. I have tried opening ports, contacting my ISP (note that most ISP's do not have a clue on how to work with consoles. And whenever you try to call, there is always this Asian guy-girl who can't properly speak English), nothing works. Is Sony aware of this? Are they really working on it? I mean, I wasted $25 on the stupid subscription just to not be able to play online at all. 

Other devices work just fine.

Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Re: PS4 Update 4.5 Rubber Banding (Wi-Fi)

Mar 21, 2017

After the 4.5 update people have been having this issue (including me) and the cummunity has some solutions. 

The solution that helped me the most

1. You can change the setting on your router from B/G/N to B/G

The solution that helped some people

2. Reset your routers and your Wifi box (not sure about the terminology but i hope you understand what i mean)

The solution that didnt help me but playstation told me to do

3.Reinstalling from the safemode menu 

i would not suggest option 3 because it didnt help me even slightly and it means you also have to redownload every game on your system. 

Overall I think yoiu should attempt to exaust all your option before going to option 3 because it takes the most times and has had no reults with people overall.

Option 1 helped me the most but it did not bring it back to the same quality that it was before. My connection since i tried option 1 has kinda been laggy but not as bad as it was and not as consistent.

Message 2 of 2 (225 Views)
0 Likes