Nov 27 2013
By: RyanMcBainDOTcom Lombax Warrior 151 posts

PS4 Trophies Won’t Post to Facebook? Here’s How to Fix It

9 replies 20403 views Edited Nov 27, 2013

PlayStation Network’s recent update to the PS4 firmware slightly changed the way trophies and activities are posted to Facebook by Sony’s next-generation PS4 console. It may seem like your PS4 trophies and gaming activity is no longer posting to Facebook. In fact, it actually is.

You can find it by clicking going to your profile, clicking “Activity Log” (at the top right hand side next to “Update Info”) and finding the event – it will be there with the privacy setting you set up when you linked your FB to your PS4. Now, click the gear next to it (which may look like a pen depending on your settings) and then switch from “Allowed on Timeline” to “Shown on Timeline”. Voila, now you’ve got this event right on your Facebook profile.

There’s no public statement currently available as to why this change occured, but we’d bet it has something to do with the PS4 posting a bit too often for FB’s liking. With a little bit of extra work you’ll still be able to keep the PS4 love going, you’ll just have to regulate it yourself for the time being.

Message 1 of 10 (20,403 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS4 Trophies Won’t Post to Facebook? Here’s How to Fix It

Nov 27, 2013

I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now. Only thing I hate is that when you allow it on your facebook timeline...it doesnt go to the news feed at all.... Oh well... I know the posting when a game was played is annoying but I liked the trophies making its way onto the news feed like the PS3 did....

At least now I know it's not just me and that my friends it is still posting for is cause they must not have the update...

Thanks for the info and I hope they re add at least the trophies...

Message 2 of 10 (20,388 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Nov 30, 2013

That's so stupid! I agree it's kind of lame that it doesn't group post your trophies like the PS3 does...seems that was a bassakwards move on Sony's part. Hopefully they fix this in the immediate future. Shouldn't have to come on here and manually do it every time!!!

324Krew
Message 3 of 10 (20,175 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Man it sucks you have to manually allow each trophy on FB. PS3 trophies got it perfectly.

Also, I noticed if you earn multiple trophy, PS4 post it separately, in PS3, they are all clump in 1 post.
Message 4 of 10 (19,947 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Sony fix this. Our stuff not posting to newsfeed is lame ps3 does it!!!!

Message 5 of 10 (19,854 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Could you be more specific. I can't find Activity Log or Update Info anywhere! Tried going to the place where I linked my account to FB but it shows nothing similar to the steps your describing.
Message 6 of 10 (19,718 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Go to your facebook page your profile that is, and on the bottom right of your cover art you will see the buttons.

Message 7 of 10 (19,539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 20, 2013

It should be like PS3, why change it now? Please hear us Sony Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10 (19,046 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Fix this please!!! I want my trophies published!!

Message 9 of 10 (18,999 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4420 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Hey guys. Functionality between FB and the PS4 are different than that of the PS3. You can see in this article here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5216

• Your trophies and played games: These will be synced to FB’s Activity Log. They will not appear in the timeline
  • If you "Like" an item or activity: This will not appear on your timeline.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Since the question has been answered this thread will now be locked. 

J_W

Message 10 of 10 (18,982 Views)
0 Likes