Jun 16 2012
By: negrisimoO First Son 2 posts

PS3 won't connect wirelessly

1 replies 517 views Edited Jun 16, 2012

Hi friends,

First I want to apologize if this was already answered some where else, if so a link would be nice. Been surfing for answers past 2 days with no sucess. Here is my problem: My PS3 was first connected wirelessly via Apple's Airport Extreme 3rd generation Router, Motorola Modem 6120 via ISP COX. Then I connected my PS3 to my modem (wired connection) for hopefully faster speeds, which it didn't. I then upgraded my modem to the Motorola SB6121 and upgraded my internet service for more speed (Cox Ultimate). Now I'm trying to go back to a wireless connection via my Airport Extreme Router and nothing. It keeps timing out, I've opened ports, reset router, reset modem, power cycled, reset my PS3 back to default settings thinking that might help and nothing still. The only reason why I didn't stick with wired connection is because I would have cable all over the place because of the connection would be so far, retarded apartment design. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it and be indebted to you! This is just driving me nuts....... - I'm not that network savy so lamen terms please 

Message 1 of 2 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 won't connect wirelessly

Jun 16, 2012

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found the answer. I should have indicated that the PS3 couldn't obtain an IP address. I did inputting of the IP address manually, opening ports, DMZ all of which I was leery of. Finally it dawned on me and this is what worked for me hopefully this helps: I RESET my router to its default settings. Its the Apple Airport Extreme 3rd Generation and you must do a HARD RESET which is holding the reset button for more than 5 seconds until the lights blinks rapidly amber. Then go into the Airport Utility and it will display as a Base Station & Mac Address. At this point just create from scratch and worked for me hopefully it works for you. Who would of thought?!! HAHAAHHA

Message 2 of 2 (517 Views)
0 Likes