Highlighted
Dec 14 2011
By: LucyLou911 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 will not connect to the internet - I have tried everything. Can you help?

7 replies 4784 views Edited Dec 14, 2011

My Ps3 used to be able to connect to my wirless internet with no problems. For the last month it has not been able to connect. There are two other computers using the wirless network with no problems. I keep getting an error message saying my IP address timed out (error code 80710102)

Here is what I have tried:
-shutting off/un plugging router and ps3 for 5 min

-from internet settings -> network settings -> easy -> I have tried the scan, automatic, and enter manually options; all eventually giving me the message of IP timeout

-from internet settings -> network settings -> custom -> I manually input all of the correct information I found through terminal.

-from internet settings -> network settings -> custom -> I entered in public DNS servers (primary - 129.250.35.250 secondary - 129.250.35.251) then tried (primary - 4.2.2.1 secondary - 4.2.2.2), (primary - 4.2.2.2 secondary - 4.2.2.3),  (primary - 4.4.4.1 secondary - 4.4.4.2), primary - 208.67.222.222 secondary - 208.67.222.220, primary - 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.8.4 with a disabled media server

-from internet settings -> network settings -> custom -> I used the DNS servers I found through terminal (mac key program) but added a 1 to my IP

-from internet settings -> network settings -> custom -> I deleted the secondary DNS and did not add 1 to my IP

-I called Playstation, they got me to do a few tests but in the end told my to call my internet provider

-I called my internet provider they said they could not help me and to call my router provider

-I called my router povider and they said everything should be working fine

-I used a supplementary ethernet plug in adapter (used for an internet boost) and plugged it into my Ps3 - no connection

I am positive I am entering the correct WEP password, and that my wireless is working the other two computers.

I would really appreicate help with this one!

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8 (4,784 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: PS3 will not connect to the internet - I have tried everything. Can you help?

Dec 14, 2011

Have you tried using a wired connection directly to your router? That would help to narrow things down.

Message 2 of 8 (4,784 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 will not connect to the internet - I have tried everything. Can you help?

Dec 15, 2011

So I tried about four new things, beginning with your suggestion....and something worked!
Thank you very much, from your suggestion I was able to figure it out. Even something that simple but it was not something I was thinking of. Really appreciate it

Message 3 of 8 (4,783 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 4, 2012

how did u do it? i have had this problem for a month and a half. i tried almost everything you have and more. the only thing i didnt do was enter all those dns servers. i also didnt call my internet and router provider. i called sony and they told me to raise my internet connection (i use wireless). i tried at 70% and it didnt work but when it used to work it was at 55%. i emailed sony 5 times and every single time they told me to power cycle which i did and it didnt work. i turned off media server thing and to my surprise...it didnt work. the thing that really mad me worried was when it didnt work when i tried a wired connection. it still came up with the annoying, "the connection with sony entertainment network timed out." i have literally tried everything and the problem is really pissin me off. can anyone help me.

Message 4 of 8 (4,783 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I am having the same problem, I have unplugged and plugged back in everything and did the power cycle step, I have tried the wired connection. It was working fine yesterday, I did a reset of my xfinity gateway,  and re-entered all the correct information. My laptop connects fine, but not the PS3. I called comcast with no prevail. When I test the connection, it gets the IP, but Internet Connection fails the test and gives me error 80710092 and say something like your connection to the server has timed out. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Message 5 of 8 (3,975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 20, 2013
Very good! Thank you! It is in the DNS server
Primary 4221 secondary 4222 worked for me and my connection is better than ever
Message 6 of 8 (3,158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2013

Hello!  I just started having that problem.

My PS3 tells me that internet connection is enabled, but it cannot connect.  I use a wireless router, and it's been working fine until tonight.  My laptop and my computer all work fine, so I know there's nothing wrong with the internet connection itself.

I tried unplugging and replugging my PS3, to no avail.

What is the solution to this problem?  Can someone help me?  Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 8 (3,067 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2016
What is the solution, having this same problem, super annoyed, tried everything, call cable, PS network. The Ps3 connects to my phone hot spot, but not to my modem thorough Ethernet cable, f&#k!!!!
Message 8 of 8 (447 Views)
0 Likes