Oct 24 2013
By: KevinRachel2009 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 isn't compatible with certain network devices?

1 replies 169 views Edited Oct 24, 2013

So, here is the background information...

Previously, I had a Verizon MiFi 2200 internet card, and I was able to connect just fine on both my fat (now dead) PS3 and slim PS3. We had this device since 2010, and it finally gave out this week. So, we got a new device (through Verizon), the MiFi MHS291L with 4G LTE capability. Since then, I have had nothing but trouble trying to get this to work on my PS3. During the network test, it ALWAYS stopped at the "Obtain IP Address" portion, and at the bottom it said the WPA key I entered may not be correct. But, this was the same key I entered on my computer, my iPad, and my iPhone, and I can browse using the device just fine on those...but the PS3 just won't.

After much frustration, I decided to call Verizon tech support, and after an hour on the phone, they said that this device isn't compatible with the PS3, and Verizon doesn't offer anything anymore that is. So, is what they said true? Or am I just doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)
PlayStation Support
5913 posts

Re: PS3 isn't compatible with certain network devices?

Oct 25, 2013

Hi KevinRachel2009,

If Verizon confirmed that the device is not compatible with the PSN, I would defer to their expertise since they are the manufacturers of the card.  Can they provide you with a replacement that would be compatible?

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)