Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2013
By: Yanman74 First Son 2 posts

PS3 freeze when PSN is down for maintenance

5 replies 313 views Edited Mar 4, 2013
Hi, I saw in an other thread (about PSN maintenance) that someone else had the same problem but no answer...
When I try to get to the PSN Store while it is in maintenance, I get the message:"The service is curently in maintenance" (or something like that since my PS is in french). The problem is that the Circle Button, which should take me back, is not working.
I have to press and hold the PS Button to shutdown and restart (reboot) the PS each time.
Anyone else? Explanation? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (313 Views)
MVP Support
18665 posts

Re: PS3 freeze when PSN is down for maintenance

Mar 4, 2013

Yanman74 wrote:
Hi, I saw in an other thread (about PSN maintenance) that someone else had the same problem but no answer...
When I try to get to the PSN Store while it is in maintenance, I get the message:"The service is curently in maintenance" (or something like that since my PS is in french). The problem is that the Circle Button, which should take me back, is not working.
I have to press and hold the PS Button to shutdown and restart (reboot) the PS each time.

As you said, the PSN is undergoing maintenance. You wont be able to access the store till the maintenance is over.

Why the PSN Store app doesn't allow you to just quit it and then be taken back to the XMB; can we say that it's yet another bug on the PSN Store app?

For your sanity and the health of you PS3, stop trying to access a service [PSN Store] which you know it to be unreachable at this moment

|For more info on the ongoing PSN maintenance click here

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MAINTENANCE-PSN-Maintenance-Sched...

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (285 Views)
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Yanman74 wrote:

As you said, the PSN is undergoing maintenance. You wont be able to access the store till the maintenance is over.

Why the PSN Store app doesn't allow you to just quit it and then be taken back to the XMB; can we say that it's yet another bug on the PSN Store app?

For your sanity and the health of you PS3, stop trying to access a service [PSN Store] which you know it to be unreachable at this moment

|For more info on the ongoing PSN maintenance click here

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MAINTENANCE-PSN-Maintenance-Sched...

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185

This happened to me earlier too Xuchilbara, I was loading up The Walking Dead & inadvertantly hit something called 'find downloadable content', or whatever it wass, anway of course it takes you to the store, got the message about it being down for maintenance, something I of course already knew, but I wasn't able to hit the 'O' button as indicated on the screen to back out, so I had to turn off the PS3, hate doing that, but all seems ok.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Of course, once I know it is under maintenance I'm not trying every other minute but I don't like the idea of having to check online each time I wish to launch the Store to know if i'm in a maintenace window. If this bug cannot be fixed (after a few months now) a warning email would be appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 4, 2013

So I am in a game that links to the PS Store, it gives me a message saying no content available.  I then exit the game completely and go to the PS Store and get the "undergoing maintenance" message with the O button to send me back to my home screen, except it doesn't and my console is frozen on the screen, have to reboot the system.  Comments belittling a legitimate complaint and being told "for your sanity" do not try to access a service you know is in maintenance is not helpful or respectful to the OP. Who I am sure did not know the store was in maintenance just like I did not and had to deal with restarting their system.

If you are going to put a message in place to tell of maintenance then the button to take us back had better work! If it does not work, do not get mean and disrespectful to us who come here with a legitimate complaint.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (240 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18665 posts

Mar 5, 2013

OKCguysk71 wrote:

So I am in a game that links to the PS Store, it gives me a message saying no content available.  I then exit the game completely and go to the PS Store and get the "undergoing maintenance" message with the O button to send me back to my home screen, except it doesn't and my console is frozen on the screen, have to reboot the system.  Comments belittling a legitimate complaint and being told "for your sanity" do not try to access a service you know is in maintenance is not helpful or respectful to the OP. Who I am sure did not know the store was in maintenance just like I did not and had to deal with restarting their system.

As an end-user like you and the OP, I said "for your sanity" as a friend-to-friend advice. -Complaining on the forums is not a direct complain to SONY- In knowing I gave my advice.

The way to complain about the current PSN Store App is by calling SONY Support.

If you are going to put a message in place to tell of maintenance then the button to take us back had better work! If it does not work, do not get mean and disrespectful to us who come here with a legitimate complaint.

I do a agree with you, the OP & BRIT-KO; when the PSN is down for maintenance the PSN Store App should not lock-up and handle the issue efficiently by letting the user know of the PSN's current status and allowing the user to exit the app back to the XMB.

If not the first, I'm among the first to call out the PSN Store app for it's packed with bugs. This issue was never present on the old PSN Store.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)