First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 cannot obtain IP address or connect to internet

Oct 3, 2012

I'm having the same problem too. I got up this morning and started playing COD and in the middle of a game it said the server timed out, then it kicked me from the PSN and said that it couldn't obtain my IP address. However, last night I was on COD with no problems. I've never had an issue before this.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (2,588 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012

i have the same problem as all of you none of these solutions help me. my ps3 has been out for a week. im soo bored without it. i noticed it kept saying exchanging key information, then it would switch to connecting to the access point, then switch back really fast. it cant obtain the ip address. please help

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (2,377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 28, 2013

im having an issue with mine but its just the wireless i can hook it up to the interenet via eithernet cord but i dont have the room in my room to play and i cant hook it up in my living room because i dont have a cord for the internet to run the modem. everythings works when i use the iethernet cord and its a brand new ps3 we just got it a couple weeks ago. so idk wth psn. help a brotha out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (1,582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Hey i had this same problem seemed like there was no solution, but then i rsorted to youtube. I found a vid on how to create a static IP followed it and now all seems to be working fine

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2014

hi im currently going through the exact same situation. were you able to find a solution? i am restoring my ps3 to see if that will make a difference.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

4 weeks ago

I had the same thing bro, I feel you. I couldn't succeed the ip address. I looked at my internet connection and status list. The ip address was like-169.xxx.xxx or something like that. I felt hopeless, I told my parents about it and everything, they called our cable company and fixed our wireless router. It was the router that couldn't give ip addresses to my ps3 to access the internet. Tell them to only provide one internet SSID connection, because our old one has two. Tell them to reset it, then make sure the ps3 goes on after you rested the router for minimum of ten seconds. You may have to restore ps3 to default settings.

Use custom setup when changing your connection settings. Do not use proxy server, set the DNS server to custom and type 129.250.35.250 as primary and secondary should be 129.250.35.251 or try to put in dns's that you would to fix dns errors. Then set everything else to automatic, disable media server connection and enable UPnP and set everything else do not use. And it should work. It worked for me, but it's not a for sure thing it'll work for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes