Feb 25 2013
By: Daush First Son 9 posts

PS3 YLOD, change email details

3 replies 149 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

hi guys,

So, my old 2006 60Gb Ps3 just died Smiley Sad

I want to buy a new one, but... what about my account?

I already deactivate the system using the webpage (qrocity?), Changed the Password, and now i want to change the email login. The only problem is the email, i always get "The Sign-In ID is too similar to the Online ID". my email is "daush@lalala.com" and my online ID is "daush". i want to change my email for the new one "daush@bababa.com". How can i do that?

I'm changing everything because i have a buyer for my Ylod ps3, and i was thinking.. if he can fix it i'm fu%$#.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
55402 posts

Re: PS3 YLOD, change email details

Feb 25, 2013

Daush wrote:

hi guys,

So, my old 2006 60Gb Ps3 just died Smiley Sad

I want to buy a new one, but... what about my account?

I already deactivate the system using the webpage (qrocity?), Changed the Password, and now i want to change the email login. The only problem is the email, i always get "The Sign-In ID is too similar to the Online ID". my email is "daush@lalala.com" and my online ID is "daush". i want to change my email for the new one "daush@bababa.com". How can i do that?

I'm changing everything because i have a buyer for my Ylod ps3, and i was thinking.. if he can fix it i'm fu%$#.

Thanks!

You have to use the email you signed up your original account on to continue to use your original account on the new PS3.  You can not change the email account your SEN account is registered to. 

Message 2 of 4 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Why is this?      I am having difficulties with my old email system being hacked and wish to close this down but you are the only remaining  email system that is linked to that account.  I feel this is ridiculous and we should be able to change the email address and not be prevented from doing so because it is too similar to the online ID.  Why give us the option of changing the email address if it wont let us change it any way?

Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 26, 2013
so.. i cant change the email at all? Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes