Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2013
By: TurtleTiteez First Son 7 posts

PS3 Wont Play any games Please help

6 replies 195 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

I am trying to play COD any disc inserted now does this... When I start the game I get a message " The Latest Update Data for this software has been found. To Sign in and use this software, You must update the software to the latest version. The system will quit the software and start installing. Version 1.15. So I click OK... The system says please wait...  Then it simply reboots and ... NOTHING.. I try the game again and the same thing happens... If I choose to not update I get booted from the game and again the system reboots..How do I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: PS3 Wont Play any games Please help

Oct 2, 2013

TurtleTiteez wrote:

I am trying to play COD any disc inserted now does this... When I start the game I get a message " The Latest Update Data for this software has been found. To Sign in and use this software, You must update the software to the latest version. The system will quit the software and start installing. Version 1.15. So I click OK... The system says please wait...  Then it simply reboots and ... NOTHING.. I try the game again and the same thing happens... If I choose to not update I get booted from the game and again the system reboots..How do I fix this?

On your PS3, go to Settings>System Update. Follow through with the process and then update the game.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

According to the help desk people.... I cant update in my current location... I purchased the system and the games in the US but I am now in Iraq... I cant update the games from outside North America... so I basically humped a **** Brick to 7000 miles for Nothing

Edit: language

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

TurtleTiteez wrote:

According to the help desk people.... I cant update in my current location... I purchased the system and the games in the US but I am now in Iraq... I cant update the games from outside North America... so I basically humped a **** Brick to 7000 miles for Nothing

Edit: language

U--J

So you can't download the 4.50 update from this site to a PC and put it on a USB stick and go into safe mode and update the firmware?

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (171 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5911 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Take tracerwilly's advice and update via PC.

And you do not need to create four threads for the same thing.  Not everyone can get on to the forums and answer you within minutes.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I did a full system restore because it was freezing and glitching too bad to play... now nothing will play.. I have the new 4.5 version... just wont update any of my games

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Cant update games via PC or so the Sonny tech said....
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (158 Views)
0 Likes