Highlighted
Oct 12 2011
By: KrossX84 First Son 1 posts

PS3 Wireless Connection Not Working

1 replies 605 views Edited Oct 12, 2011

Fellow gamers,

I beg for your help. For the past few months, I have been unable to connect to the internet wirelessly through my PS3. I had blamed it on my home network and gave up. Recently my cousin, who I live with, purchased his own PS3. We got it out of the box, set it up, and it connected to the internet just fine. The home network has no security except for MAC Address filters that I have triple checked. This rules out the ISP and the home network as the problem. If I plug in an ethernet cable directly to the modem, it works just fine. Unfortunatly, I am not able to use that as a long term solution due to the setup of the network equipment. When I scan for wireless connections, I can see my network at 100% but I can't obtain an IP Address. If I give it a manual IP Address, it then gives the general DNS error. I would think if the wireless card was not working I couldn't even see the network. I have tried putting my system on the DMZ, but that didn't work either. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (605 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Connection Not Working

Oct 12, 2011

copy your cousin info and manually input it into you system. that should work

Message 2 of 2 (605 Views)
0 Likes