Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: Mister_Sogaard First Son 2 posts

PS3 DLNA error??

2 replies 513 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Hi.

Over the last week, I have been getting these DLNA errors with different codes (2104, 2110 and so on..) on my PS3. I have always been able to use it as a media server to watch movies etc. that I have on my computer, but now I can't anymore?? I am also unable to connect to the Playstation Media Server, so I can't use Netflix either.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

I have already tried disabling the media server connection and then turning it on again, and a bunch of other things, but nothing seems to help.

Message 1 of 3 (513 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Re: PS3 DLNA error??

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Mister_Sogaard wrote:

Hi.

Over the last week, I have been getting these DLNA errors with different codes (2104, 2110 and so on..) on my PS3. I have always been able to use it as a media server to watch movies etc. that I have on my computer, but now I can't anymore?? I am also unable to connect to the Playstation Media Server, so I can't use Netflix either.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

I have already tried disabling the media server connection and then turning it on again, and a bunch of other things, but nothing seems to help.

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

I've not seen a list of PS3 DLNA error codes explain their meaning so I can't provide an answer for those.

I personally use PS3MediaServer without any issues. From my experience, Windows Media Player fails.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

You need to have Media Server Connection Enabled on the PS3 for this is options is what tells the PS3 to accept DLNA connections. The PS3 is not a media server but a digital media player.

Netflix is not a DLNA application, it has nothing to do with it having he Media Server Connection enabled or not. All you need is a live internet connection, a Netflix account & that the Netflix servers are up and running. You are required to sign into the PSN but in the case the PSN servers are down, this process will automatically be bypassed and the Netflix app will fully start. If there are any issues at the Netflix end, the app should give you an message addressing the issue.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 3 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS3 DLNA error??

Oct 18, 2013

i have 2 ps3 one gives me error code 8002A548 other system gives 2104 dont get wats going on.

Message 3 of 3 (420 Views)
0 Likes