First Son
7 posts

Re: PS3 Connection Problem (80710102/PSN timedout)

Oct 21, 2011

I've tried that also with laptop. I was able to receive connection without a problem.

Message 11 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 21, 2011

That is really odd. Although you are unable to connect to the PlayStation Network, are you able to surf the web freely from your PS3 with the built-in web browser?

Message 12 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Yep, very similar problem here. Everything worked fine until a week or two ago. This is EXACTLY like the Sep.21 problem. I was able to log in online and I noticed all me friends were gone. A couple of days later, they were back (when I logged on online). If you google sept.21 and the error code, there's tonnes of hits regarding the outage around that time. I'm pretty sure I was ok around then, but I'm experiencing the same thing now. I've done EVERYTHING suggested and Sony will not help. I have tested on a different network and still the same thing. I was able to create a new account, but still can't log in. I can download and install the latest update, this didn't help. This is on SONY'S end and they refuse to acknowlege this. Let me ask you this: There WAS an outage around Sept.21, RIGHT? 93,000 people were unable to log in RIGHT? WHY? SONY did something on their end to stop people from being able to log in, RIGHT? What did Sony do to allow them to log in after this???? THAT'S what I want them to do with my accounts...or my Playstation because it appears they have blacklisted my PS3. PLEASE....some help?!?!?!?

Message 13 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Were you able to log onto your account from another PS3?

When you tested on a different network, do you mean you lugged your PS3 over to someone else's house and tried their internet connection?

Message 14 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Yes, that's what I mean. I don't see how loggin into another machine would solve anything. I can log in online, I have internet through my playstation, I can download and install the latest patches, and I can sometimes log into PSN and get into my account management, but only for a minute, then it logs me off and give me the 8005748 code (or whatever it is). Can't log into any games online though, just says it times out or unable to connect.

As I said before..."There WAS an outage around Sept.21, RIGHT? 93,000 people were unable to log in RIGHT? WHY? SONY did something on their end to stop people from being able to log in, RIGHT? What did Sony do to allow them to log in after this???? THAT'S what I want them to do with my accounts...or my Playstation because it appears they have blacklisted my PS3."

I appreciate your effort Potatobreath, but it seems you're kinda being thrown under the bus here. Have you escalated these issues?

Message 15 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Some people have had problems accessing various services on PSN with their accounts. Or some people have PS3s that can't hold a connection to the internet. You suggest that your PS3 may have been blacklisted by Sony.

The point of you logging into another PS3 is to see if those scenarios are true.

Message 16 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Well...do they do that? You don't have to look hard to see several people having the exact same issue. I find it hard to believe everyone's routers, that were woking perfectly before Oct.7, (or whenever) just happened to have some sort of partial failure that won't allow them to access only the PSN. It's the same thing wired, or wireless. Surely, there must be some sort of list for blacklisted PS3's, would it be possible to just check it? Searching these posts, it's clear there is a problem. If not blackslisted, what changes did Sony make after Sept.21 and Oct.7? I'll try whatever it takes, but i've done that already and nothing is working. I really do appreciate you responses...and see that your getting back to everyone which is pretty impressive, but I have exhausted every avenue. What are you told when you elevate this issue? Thanks.

Message 17 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 21, 2011

I'm not a Sony employee, and I don't escalate support requests. There's not much I can do for you aside from helping you pin down the problem, unfortunately.

You would have to call Sony Customer Support again and outline everything that you have tried. I imagine they should be able to tell you if your console has been blacklisted. If you run into a customer service rep that doesn't understand your situation, then request to be escalated to a supervisor. Good luck.

Message 18 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 21, 2011

It seems as if the problem that I was having managed to fix its self after two days. I'm able to stay connected to PSN without being logged out. I didn't change any settings or replace anything. I assume the problem was on Comcast or PSN end.

Thanks for the help.

Message 19 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes