Dec 07 2012
By: Thee_Frenzy First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 Cannot Connect Wirelessly!

3 replies 391 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

Before we get started I am using a 160GB Slim Model and I CAN connect wirelessly through my laptop and Xbox 360 but I CANNOT connect wirelessly through my PS3. They are located in the same room which is no more than 30 feet away from my modem/router. I have looked at many threads on various websites for help and none of them have assisted me. Now there are two scenarios where I try to connect

Scenario #1: When I attempt to connect using Easy --> Wireless --> Scan --> (it shows my netowkr and says signal strength 100%) --> Attempt to obtain the IP Adress has timed out

Scenario #2: Custon --> Wireless --> Enter Manual --> (All of my information was entered Manually) --> The Attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out

Now just some background information

I got my PS3 back in August 2011 and the wireless was working 100% fine I dont remember what I did diferent or if I was doing anything different compared to what im doing now but I could connect and play wirelessly without a problem then after playing wired for a few months I tried to connect wirelessly and it did not work. I have tried a few times since but now I really need to connect wirelessly on my ps3 and its not working.

Please help me get through my problem by the end of the weekend. I am really stumped on this issue...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: PS3 Cannot Connect Wirelessly!

Dec 8, 2012

Try putting a Static IP on your PS3 and also try resetting your router.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Thanks for the reply man.... I went in and reset my modem then I opened my ports for my ps3 and put a static ip on and OMG for the first time in over a YEAR ive been able to connect wirelessly lol

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Thee_Frenzy wrote:

Thanks for the reply man.... I went in and reset my modem then I opened my ports for my ps3 and put a static ip on and OMG for the first time in over a YEAR ive been able to connect wirelessly lol

Glad to hear that.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)
0 Likes