Oct 07 2007
By: Ajguy First Son 2 posts

PS Store Will not Accept Credit Card

15 replies 4464 views Edited Oct 7, 2007
So I decided tonight that I want to go ahead and download Warhawk. Having just moved and switched banks recently, I deleted my old credit card info and went to enter my new information. I typed everything letter perfect, but the PS3 keeps telling me the info is invalid.

I searched these forums to see if anyone else had such a problem. I saw that this has been an issue since August with no satisfactory resolution. Has Sony seriously not fixed this in 2 months?

Before anyone asks, yes I typed everything correctly (several times). Yes I'm using the correct billing address. Yes the card is good (just used it to buy MS points tonight). Yes there are sufficient funds in the account. Yes I'm using the PS Store in my region (US).

Some others on these boards reported that they called Sony. Sony would only say that it had to be user error when the users adamantly asserted that they entered the correct information. Did any of those people ever get this resolved?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS Store Will not Accept Credit Card

Oct 7, 2007
I had a friend that had this same issue and he just ended up buying the hard copy of Warhawk. As far as I know they still haven't resolved this problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 7, 2007
ive had no luck at all.....not happy
psn name..kingofrage
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2907 posts

Oct 7, 2007
wow can't believe some people are still haveing this problem        HERES the FIX     go in to your account setup   make sure everything is exactly the way it is on card .(BANK)from person whom owns the card - their- info is what you need ....and also do it in all capital  or all lower case (forgot which one)   that should work....
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3462 posts

Mar 5, 2010

CUKO~ wrote:
I have been trying for two weeks straight in updating my credit card info into my psn account cause my old credit card expired.But everytime i tried i kept getting the same message "invaild credit card info,please check carefuly".I know i put all info correctly but the thing i didnt know was that i had to put the info the way my credit card statement has it.It must be EXACTLY the way it shows on the statement.Heres the link where i found this information that FINALY fix my issue.
I hope this helps all the peeps that has the same problem as i did.

link says 404 not found
lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 6, 2010

Tried just about everything I've read on here all CAPS, lower case, special characters, no special characters, info is being input just as it is on my bank statement and NOTHING!  This reeks!

Keebler Bisqueefin'
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 19, 2010

likewise. tried all my cards. nothing. kevin butler? anyone? help, please.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 20, 2010

I was having this problem and called my bank, visa, and got no where. My address is a PO Box and what I finally did was put everything in CAPS and lost the PO Box and just put the number in for the address so...

Instead of: PO BOX 1111

I put: 1111

Let me know if this helps...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Mar 20, 2010

One other idea, if you have a two-line address (like a street address and an apartment number) try putting everything on the first line and leaving the second line blank.

For instance,

123 Main St.

Apt. 456

Should be typed in as:

123 Main St. 456

Also try it without punctuation (periods, commas, etc.).

That was my issue when I used to use a credit card, but since the PSN cards debuted I've just been using them.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Ajguy wrote:
So I decided tonight that I want to go ahead and download Warhawk. Having just moved and switched banks recently, I deleted my old credit card info and went to enter my new information. I typed everything letter perfect, but the PS3 keeps telling me the info is invalid.

I searched these forums to see if anyone else had such a problem. I saw that this has been an issue since August with no satisfactory resolution. Has Sony seriously not fixed this in 2 months?

Before anyone asks, yes I typed everything correctly (several times). Yes I'm using the correct billing address. Yes the card is good (just used it to buy MS points tonight). Yes there are sufficient funds in the account. Yes I'm using the PS Store in my region (US).

Some others on these boards reported that they called Sony. Sony would only say that it had to be user error when the users adamantly asserted that they entered the correct information. Did any of those people ever get this resolved?

If your credit card company doesn't use AVS then your credit card won't work...call the number on back of card and ask about it..Address Verivication System..

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (4,464 Views)
0 Likes