First Son
10 posts

Re: PS Store Showing Free Items When It's Not

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I have the same problem. I get into the store and found some games that were free, so I began to download them, the system ask for my password but never show that I was charged for them. Later when I want to download a free trial of other game, I found out that I was charged for 4 games that were supposed to be free. The games are:
-Rayman 3 HD
-Alien Breed
-NBA 2K13
-Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Obviously I canceled the download and want a refund.

Message 41 of 306 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Called them. Girl had no idea, "it shows me here that it never was free"

She sent off the refund request, but told me they are a case by case issue and that in the TOS they say all sales are final but I should hear something within 10-15 business days like the other guy heard....

Gotta say it but xbox live doesnt really have issues like this.....

Message 42 of 306 (671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 13, 2013

same for me with alien breed.

I just donwloaded the games cause they were marked as free, I prefer now a refund than the games

Message 43 of 306 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I was charged $10 for Rayman and heroes of might and magic which both were listed as free.  No checkout or anything, it just began downloading.  After seeing the receipts in my email I checked my bank account.  Needless to say it was $10 less than it should have been.  I am absolutely expecting a refund as I never would have paid for these games but was willing to check them out since they were listed as free.

Message 44 of 306 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I was at work checking the Sony Entertainment Store online and not through the PS3 and noticed that Alien Breed for PS3 showed Free, but the Vita version showed $7.99. I added the free version to the cart and when I went to check out, the price changed to $7.99 as well so I canceled and deleted from my Cart.
Message 45 of 306 (633 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Same problem for me with Alien Breed showing free, but getting charged.

Message 46 of 306 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

got bit by the not-really-free Alien Breed glitch too. I also got charged for 4 individual PS All-Stars minions that were listed as free.
I knew Alien Breed was probably a Glitch in the store so while I would like a refund If I can’t get a one for Alien Breed that’s fine,I shouldn’t have tried to take advantage of the glitch. But I did not know the Minions weren’t free and I insist that I get a refund at least for the minions. I didn’t even get a proper checkout page confirming if I want to purchase any of the downloads, just click the download button and BAM money gone.

0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Yeah it happened to me with Alien Breed, 8 bucks down the drain. I also saw might and magic and a few others free.

Message 48 of 306 (584 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Similar issue for me in regards to Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and the three King of Fighters XIII extra characters. They all listed as "free" and it didn't ask for confirmation on any of the purchases before charging for them.
Message 49 of 306 (578 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Got the charge glitch for Alien Breed and Might + Magic Clash of Heroes Smiley Sad

Message 50 of 306 (577 Views)
0 Likes