Nov 14 2013
By: IggyMonster25 Monster Hunter 41 posts

PS Plus games Update Errors 80029563

3 replies 234 views Edited Nov 14, 2013

Hello,

I have been getting this error for the last two weeks when trying to download the updates for the latest 2 PS Plus Instant Game collection games, Dragon's Dogma, and Ibb and Obb.  They work fine offline, so I can play them.  I do not know if they have online functionality, but am concerned that this may be a bigger problem in the future.

I have looked online, and it seems this was a larger problem during the initial days of GTA V.  I did download GTA V from the store with no issues, and have since downloaded all patches for it with no problems.  I also downloaded AC4 and those updates with absolutely no problems.  So it seems to have been triggered with Dragon's Dogma.

I did read that there may be a file out of a folder some place.  I have looked through my saved game folders, and have found no odd file.  I was having a connection issue with PSN last week and the week before, but this week it seems to be back to normal.

I do know many say it has something to do with the ISP, but I run other things off the same internet modem with absolutely no problems.  Such as two computers, two smart phones, a tablet, and a PSV. I do realize the next thing someone would say is that there are too many things on the server.  Well I have shut everything down, and I mean everything, but I still get the same issue.  Please advise as to what to do next.  Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: PS Plus games Update Errors 80029563

Nov 14, 2013

So in 24 hours on the Sony Community Forum designated to help people with problems connected with their system and service there have been no good ideas that could help me?

It does seem like there is an influx of rather silly posts, about user names mainly, or gripes about not getting money back from a discount.  I purchased both AC4, Watch Dogs two days prior to that, but I didn't make a post about that, I made one about a legitimate problem.  I'd really appreciate some help, as I've found nothign beneficial so far.  Thank you again.

P.S.  Would a cute cat image help to attract viewers who may have some small peice of advice?

Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Here's what the Knowledge Center says about that error and what to do.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4253/kw/80029563

By the way this isn't really Customer Support. This is just a forum of Playstation users like yourself. The community can often provide help but we're not some kind of paid support staff. If you do want Support there's a link in my signature and at the bottom of this page.

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Oh, I thought it was customer support.  Thank you for your direct reply, and link. 

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)
0 Likes