Oct 27 2013
By: Kaardiost First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

[PROBLEM FIXED] I can't log in and I am not getting help!

[ Edited ]
5 replies 225 views Edited Oct 28, 2013

Jeez, It feels like I'm stuck in a corner here.

About the end of September, my PS3 said ''Couldn't sign you in, incorrect password'' or something like that,
and I didn't pay much attention to it.
But it's still saying it right now.
My old password just doesn't work, like I've been hacked or something.

So ofcourse, first I try changing my password, BUT, it comes out that when I made my PSN account a while back, I actually used a fake birthday. Aaaalrighty then, we seem to be having trouble here.

So next thing, I turn to PSN Support with my problem. Three times.
I send in my e-mail, asking to reset my password, I send it TO THE NORWAY SUPPORT E-MAIL, because my PSN account is in the Norway region.

I get back a letter from Hong Kong Support, saying that this isn't the right place to send your e-mail, send it to the Norway Support.

What?! I send it again, same problem.
I actually sent them an e-mail explaining that the e-mails might be ending up in the wrong place, still ''This isn't your region''.

I am out of ideas now, I really don't want to abandon my dear old beloved PSN account, as I have lots of trophies and such.
I do have a spare account with a Finland region, but it's totally empty and maybe I could transfer my stuff to it or... I don't know.

What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (225 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25947 posts

Re: I can't log in and I am not getting help!

Oct 27, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community for the US/NA.

Kaardiost wrote:

Jeez, It feels like I'm stuck in a corner here.

About the end of September, my PS3 said ''Couldn't sign you in, incorrect password'' or something like that,
and I didn't pay much attention to it.
But it's still saying it right now.
My old password just doesn't work, like I've been hacked or something. You weren't 'hacked'!!

So ofcourse, first I try changing my password, BUT, it comes out that when I made my PSN account a while back, I actually used a fake birthday. Aaaalrighty then, we seem to be having trouble here. This is your problem, lying about your age.

So next thing, I turn to PSN Support with my problem. Three times.
I send in my e-mail, asking to reset my password, I send it TO THE NORWAY SUPPORT E-MAIL, because my PSN account is in the Norway region.

I get back a letter from Hong Kong Support, saying that this isn't the right place to send your e-mail, send it to the Norway Support.

What?! I send it again, same problem.
I actually sent them an e-mail explaining that the e-mails might be ending up in the wrong place, still ''This isn't your region''.

I am out of ideas now, I really don't want to abandon my dear old beloved PSN account, as I have lots of trophies and such.
I do have a spare account with a Finland region, but it's totally empty and maybe I could transfer my stuff to it or... I don't know.

What do I do?

These are the US Forums, if your account is Norweigen then it is the UK/EU Sony customer service you need to contact, no one on a Forum will be able to help you, only Sony customer support can.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (209 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I forgot to mention that I understand that I obviously wouldn't use a fake birthday now and get it that it's basically the source of the problem.

I guess I'll try to send another e-mail

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Wait, what do you mean UK/EU email? There's only a UK e-mail and if I send it there, they'll tell me to find the correct one, won't they?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25947 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

Kaardiost wrote:

Wait, what do you mean UK/EU email? There's only a UK e-mail and if I send it there, they'll tell me to find the correct one, won't they?

Sony is unable to be reached by email, that option was removed some time ago, your only option is to call them.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (194 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2013

I got the problem solved by e-mail somehow, they understood my problem and sent me a reset!
I couldn't be more happy!

Kudos for help!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes