Dec 06 2012
By: attrent First Son 2 posts

PLAYSTATION STORE SEARCH

3 replies 1504 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Hello,

The playstation store search function sucks.

I was looking for add-ons to "Sleeping Dogs".  Naturally I selected S.

I scrolled through hundreds of results (taking over a minute) to just get to the games that start with "S" 

Did Sony do a usability study on the search functionality?  Does PSN know that it blows?

It really discourages me from wanting to purchase / download any add-ons that don't fall into the "most downloaded" or promoted video games.

Change the search back in the store!!!!

- A.

Message 1 of 4 (1,504 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION STORE SEARCH

Dec 6, 2012

In using this new search function, it's actually better to input more than just the letter "S". Try inputting "Sleeping" or "Sleeping Dogs" instead, which should bring up closer results to what you're after. If not that, try going to the add-on section of the store where you can manually dig into the DLC of various games without the automated search. It will probably be slower, but at least the process doesn't involve entering letters of the alphabet.

Message 2 of 4 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Message 3 of 4 (1,490 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION STORE SEARCH

Dec 7, 2012

Gray's suggestion would help...I noticed that when doing a search via letter it'll list EVERYTHING in the store that starts with whatever letter you chose, regardless of what you are looking for...MY beef with the new store concerns the cart - we no longer have the ability to remove something from the cart after adding it,,,I currently have the Dragon Master Pack for Sleeping Dogs in my cart, but can't remove it in case I decide I don't want it after all - there's alot of cools stuff for this game, but I don't have enough in my wallet to get anything else for SD at this time because I would be down to $2.23 in my wallet, and everything related to SD is $1.99 or more. Of course, I could go grab another PSN card, but that 's beside the point lol. I'd like to be able to remove the above-mentioned add-on from my cart so that I could get a couple other add-ons that're a bit cheaper to buy at one time without having to go out and get another PSN card.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 4 of 4 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes