Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Re: PAIN PSN Connection Error

Dec 7, 2013
For those of you who want to contact IM, here's their Contact Page:

http://www.idolminds.com/contact/

I still have not received a response yet after e-mailing them a second time. Possibly by Monday. But we'll see what happens.
Message 11 of 16 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 11, 2013

Well it looks like we lose and there will be no more online play for PAIN.

After several unanswered emails I decided to call Idol Minds. The person who answered the phone outright lied to me and said they do not have any servers for PAIN (BS) or do any support and that I have to contact SONY since they sell the game on their network and they have the servers.

After calling SONY they told me they do not have the servers. They did however say that they were given notice that multiplayer online would be discontinued so it is gone for good.

I think everyone who wants it back shoud call Idol Minds and take up as much of their time as you can to get them to admit they shut down the servers and we want them back. If they tell you to call Sony tell them you did and they said to call Idol Minds. The more of their time you take up the more you are likely to get something done.

PAIN is the greatest R.I.P.

Message 12 of 16 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Dec 13, 2013
Well, slea, thanks for the info. At least now we know officially. It's really messed up the users were never given any details about it, especially when many spent money on the game. It's also completely ridiculous that IM would claim that since it's their game. So I agree and say they should be bombarded with calls about it. Though even then there's no guarantee anything will be done besides them just saying "sorry" all the time. Well, I guess we'll see what happens. RIP PAIN
Message 13 of 16 (731 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2013
Got this response today: 

Hello XXX,

I reached out to Sony to get an update on the situation. They have indeed decommissioned the online servers for PAIN. I would be very surprised if this affects more than just the online modes in the game. I'm updating my PS3 with the latest updates so I can look at my own account.

Sony has announced that they are re-releasing PAIN as a free-to-play game some time soon. I'm not sure if this move is a necessary step in that product.

Thank you for being a fan of the game. We haven't worked on it for three years now, but it holds a dear spot in our hearts.

Best regards,
Jeff

Jeff Litchford
VP Production
Message 14 of 16 (697 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 16, 2013

I got a similar reply.

Thank you for reaching out to us.  Sony handles all inquiries about the game, so I checked in with them regarding the status of the game.  They confirmed that they have shut down the online servers for the game.

I have heard that they are preparing to re-release PAIN as a free-to-play game sometime soon. 

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Thank you for being a fan of the game.  While we haven't done any active work on the game in three years it still holds a dear spot in our hearts.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Litchford
VP Production

Message 15 of 16 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Dec 17, 2013
I, too, FINALLY got a similar response. It's rather quite ridiculous it took THIS LONG to get a response of any kind. There's no reason it should have happened this way, but at least we finally got something out of them. It's just not going to be the same as it was before. So much for continued appreciation. Sorry to say, but I'm not even going to bother with the game anymore, it's not worth it at this point for me. For those of you continuing to play it, all the best.
Message 16 of 16 (690 Views)
0 Likes