Highlighted
Feb 09 2011
By: uglyguylilwinky First Son 6 posts

Not able to log in to PSN. Asks for update, says it's up to date.

3 replies 292 views Edited Feb 9, 2011

I'm just trying to play DCUO!!! =)

So, I get home and try to play, it won't let me.  It says I need to sign in and pops up the screen with user name and password.  I click sign in and it says I need a system update.  I choose to update online and it says the system is already up to date.  It's at version 3.55 right now.  It won't update from the GUI, so I downloaded 3.56 from online and followed the directions to place it on a USB.  I've attempted to update it using the GUI and placing the PS3 in safemode, but it says there is no applicaple media.  =/  Anyway, using safemode I've reset it to defaults, repaired the hard drive and rebuilt the database.  The only thing left for me to do that I can find is to restore it... but that fomats the hard drive.  I'm deployed to Kuwait right now, so I'm stuck with low quality interwebs and it takes almost 16 hours to download the updates I need to play.

Now that I've laid out the details.  Can anybody give any advice?  Thanks in advance all.

Oh, sorry it's tl;dr

Message 1 of 4 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Not able to log in to PSN. Asks for update, says it's up to date.

Feb 9, 2011

Did you place the firmware update in the proper folder on the USB thumb drive? It should be in /PS3/UPDATE

Message 2 of 4 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Yeah I did.  I followed it to the letter. =(  So, this is nothing you've heard of?

Also, I feel like an idiot.  I likely posted this in the wrong section.  Reading some of the threads, I can see that Home isn't what I'm talking about... I just want to log into PSN.  Sorry about posting wrong.

Oh, I'm reading through some of your stuff.  Sorry to hear about them deleting your items... that sounds like a helluva bad deal.  Hopefully Sony shows some honor and gets your stuff back.

Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2011

i have the same problem and dont know what to do now

Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)
0 Likes