Mar 26 2013
By: neilcamp First Son 5 posts

No Bioshock Infinite Pre-order Code?

5 replies 332 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

I preordered the season pass for Bioshock Infinite a couple of days ago and got the normal receipt and wallet e-mails. But I have not received a preorder code to allow me to play the Industrial Revolution game online.

Is this supposed to come in my e-mail or on my PSN messages or how?

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 6 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: No Bioshock Infinite Pre-order Code?

Mar 26, 2013

Sorry. To be clear, I preordered this on PSN. Thanks.

Message 2 of 6 (330 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20431 posts

Mar 26, 2013

There are no codes for PSN pre-orders.  All codes do is to add content to your downloads list, and if you order the game on PSN, then that can be done directly.  The code is superfluous. If you pre-order a game on PSN, then all of the content will be added to your PSN downloads list when the game releases.  You just have to download all of it. Season pass content generally has be accessed via an in-game store, and will be available to all season pass holders automatically.  Pre-order bonus content is usually a download. 

GKP
Message 3 of 6 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Thanks for the reply. And I think I get what you're explaining. However, I believe there is supposed to be a 16 digit (different from PSN 12 digit) code provided when you preorder Bioshock Infinite that you use on a website to play the Inidustrial Revolution game to earn in-game perks. I think to get the perks you eventually get e-mailed a 12 digit PSN code to download as you describe but I need the website code.

I thought this online game was available for all preorders but perhaps it isn't for PSN preorders?

Message 4 of 6 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Apr 1, 2013
So just to be clear, there is no way to play Industrial Revolution if I pre-ordered the game on PSN. And I ordered the season pass so I assume there is no code for the early bird special either?

Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (246 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20431 posts

Apr 2, 2013

The Early Bird Special is for early purchasers of the season pass.  The extra content will be available in the in-game store.  There is no code. There is a code for Industrial Revolution, but you had to pre-order the game from "participating retailers".  I don't believe that the Playstation Store is one of them.  Many of the announcements for Industrial Revolution did not mention that only some retailers accepting pre-orders were participating in the promotion; which is managed by a third-party, and not run by the publisher. If you had purchased the game from a participating retailer, then the code would have been e-mailed to you when the game launched.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (237 Views)
0 Likes