Highlighted
Aug 27 2012
By: CappinSpaulding First Son 1 posts

New YOUTUBE app freezes??? wth

3 replies 336 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

i use my you tube constantly on my ps3  and ever since to new leanback app it always locks up and i have to restart my whole system  i am running to old school 60 gig reverse compatible with the card door on the front   but never have had any trouble running online or youtube before app if anyone can throw me a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated i missed my you tube and i need it back i have online but my big screen was way nicer to watch it on.. please help  thank

Message 1 of 4 (336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: New YOUTUBE app freezes??? wth

Oct 21, 2012

i have same issue. i can't even play through 1 you tube video. i have newest ps3 on market so age of your system is not culprit. i hope this issue is addressed soon because before i had no issues when i went through the web to access you tube. if not fixed soon i will be contacting customer support by phone. i am glad i am not the only one to have this issue.

Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Yeah, I have had the same problem ever since I got the new YouTube app, I keep it installed in hopes that one day I will try to launch it and it will tell me there is an update for it. I can browse available videos but when I choose to play one I get a black screen with the play controls at the bottom sometimes, sometimes I don't even get the controls, and the video info at the top. The app hangs right there, and when I try to go back it won't do it, I have to quit and this process usually reboots my PS3. It would be encouraging even if this app would play a stuttering video.

Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I have to agree I have the same problem which is why I don't ever plan on using YouTube through the PS3. This needs major fixing. Way too slow and when typing the letters are on a straight line rather than a keyboard look.

Message 4 of 4 (197 Views)
0 Likes