Nov 03 2012
By: MAB196811 Hekseville Citizen 296 posts

New Store - Can't Empty Cart

12 replies 7943 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

Ok it's been a long day and I'm tired but I cannot find a way to empty the cart in new store.

I added AC Liberation as a navigation test and now cannot find any option to delete items in the cart.

I both closed out the store and switched odd and rebooted PS3  but no joy and unable to remove.

Nevermind customer support just helped (and have had others call)

You must highlight the x icon...now this seems obvious once told however go look for yourself it is not obvious and I am sure will lead to a lot of unhappy folks making accidental purchase as they try to remove for 1st time.

The lady on support they had to go look up how to do this...lol

Icon required saying empty cart..(not a real fan of new store but hey it is what it is...but please do not make it a trap unwanted purchase!)

Message 1 of 13 (7,943 Views)
Sackboy
537 posts

Re: New Store - Can't Empty Cart

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Found it thanks to you dude, cheers

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 2 of 13 (7,800 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Not obvious? Sorry but it was obvious for me and many others, and my eyesight is the worst its ever been. I don't know how long you've been using computers, but anyone who's ever used one, even once, has likely figured out that "X" is used to cancel, remove, or close something.

The issues aren't with the Store, it's with the person and their general knowledge.
Message 3 of 13 (7,793 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Sadly we can't all be as observant or as intelligent as you dude, or alternatively "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT" :smileyindifferent:

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 4 of 13 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Hi,

I second MAB196811 on the issue he has faced.

Even i had a problem understanding how to cancel an item in shopping cart.

I don think so its 'so obvious' as user may not know whether he can highlight the 'X' icon(i felt i should hit the X button instead of highlighting it and cancelling)

I searched up in Google and ended in this forum.

Thanks for the support.

Mathew

Message 5 of 13 (7,718 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I just ran into that problem as well. That X is so small. Maybe it's my TV. Glad i went to this forum. Thanks Candy Cane.

Message 6 of 13 (7,370 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7059 posts

Dec 22, 2012

To remove an item from the Cart in the Playstation Store: Go to the item in your Cart. To the left of the item you will see an "X". Go to the "X" to the left of the item in the Cart you want to remove and hit the X button on your controller.

homer-bush.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 13 (7,359 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 26, 2013

wow,,,,what a nightmare!,,,,,I had the same trouble, trying to remove an item from my cart. I could see the tops of letters at the bottom of my screen, but couldn't make out what they said. As a matter of fact, I didn't realize how I did get rid of that item until just now.....What I think you meant was, highlight the item to get rid of, then hit the X button on your controller/wheel. After reading the previous post I was really straining to find that darn X icon,,,,,,,It's completely natural, only that it goes against everything you do in the store, which has an icon.

Message 8 of 13 (6,317 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10166 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Just be glad you can still access the store.

Since the big store update my main PS3 has been locked from entering it!!!

I can use another PS3 that has a faulted disc drive on the same account but have to disconnect and reconnect all the cables as well as deactivating my main ps3 to reactivate the gimped PS3 to deactivating it, then reconnecting the main ps3 to reactivate it then search through the download list for the items I chose from the ps3 that can access the store.

Its seriously about a half hour experience for me to access the PSN store and actually get the content onto my main ps3.

Que the loyalist dogs, LOL.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 9 of 13 (6,297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 26, 2013

If you guys can't figure out how to delete stuff from your cart, then something has to be done about the education system in this day and age. Like come on, really, you have to call customer support to figure that out. Whoever was on the other end of the phone was probably laughing at you.

Message 10 of 13 (6,293 Views)
0 Likes