Nov 18 2012
By: BLINXERIZER First Son 26 posts

New PS Store not giving option to post to facebook

8 replies 3409 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

I haven't really found anyone else talking about this. I dunno why but with the new PS Store it doesn't ask me if I want to post a purchase to my Facebook page. I have my facebook account all setup on my PS3 and all my trophies get posted on facebook just fine. I dunno whats up with the PS Store. Is it supposed to do it automatically without asking? If so I dunno why its not.

Message 1 of 9 (3,409 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Re: New PS Store not giving option to post to facebook

Nov 18, 2012

Update: I bought Closure around Halloween when it was on sale, and I checked my Facebook and saw there was a post showing I purchased it. Thing is I don't remember if it asked me if I wanted it to be posted.

Message 2 of 9 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4185 posts

Nov 18, 2012

When you put in your face book details  you agreed to allow the system to auto update facebook.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/account/accountinfo.html

If you have a Facebook® account, you can adjust settings related to sharing information on Facebook.

• Publish Trophy Stories
  • Publish Purchase Stories
  • Publish Rating Stories
  • Publish Game Event Stories
  • Allow Access from Games
  • Delete Account Information

It does not need to ask with setting 2 enabled you have given permission allready...

snapshot6.png

Message 3 of 9 (3,040 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Then why didn't it post about Machinarium. I have never changed my Facebook settings.
Message 4 of 9 (2,236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Having the same problem.  Ever since the new store was rolled out I am never given the option to publish purchases to Facebook anymore.  And no GraphiteGB, it doesn't do it automatically.  It never has.  On the option for turning on "Publish Purchase Stories" it has always clearly stated:

"If you set this option to [On}, stories about items you have purchased in Playstation Store will be published to Facebook. You can choose to publish or not to publish each time you make a purchase."

Which is precisely the way it had worked with the old store.  Tried deleting FB info from PS3 and removing Playstation Network app on FB itself and then re-adding info on PS3 and still never given the option to publish purchases or ratings from the store to FB with those options clearly set to [On].  Automatic Trophy posting still works fine however so it has to be something specifically broke with the new PS3 store.  Purchases done on the Vita's version of the store do indeed ask for permission to post and works just fine.

Granted this isn't really that big of a deal but I find it hard to believe so few people have noticed that it is broken.  Hopefully this can be brought to someone's attention.

Message 5 of 9 (2,126 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Same problem! Is there not YET a fix on this??
Message 6 of 9 (2,087 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I am having the same issue. the odd thing is my friend bought something and it asked him. I suspect its a setting in fb

Message 7 of 9 (2,019 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I´m having the same issue!! 

Message 8 of 9 (1,578 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

i'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! The trophies get posted just fine but the purchases, ratings, downloads, etc don't. It doesn't even ask you. This need to get fixed. Is a really big bug. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,221 Views)
0 Likes