Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2012
By: louie540 Hekseville Citizen 275 posts

New Hulu freezes my PS3 when I resume video

[ Edited ]
5 replies 2738 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Today I was watching Bones with my girlfriend on Hulu Plus and we had to leave for a few moments so I quit Hulu. When we returned, we chose to resume the episode we were watching and it froze.

I pressed the PS button and the XMB screen loaded so I thought maybe I should wait a few moments, so I did but Hulu never successfully resumed the video. When I pressed the PS button again to just quit the app, I realized my PS3 was completely frozed, so I ended up having to shut off my PS3. I turned it back on, loaded Hulu and chose to resume the video again hoping it would work, which froze my PS3 again. So instead, we decided to just start the episode over which we didn't have any problems with. I lost connection once, but hit retry and the episode continued to play.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new Hulu crashing?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (2,738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: New Hulu freezes my PS3 when I resume video

Oct 8, 2012
We are having the same exact issue. It's really ticking me off.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (2,677 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Im having the same issue. i was thinking about re-installing hulu. anyone else?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (2,572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I have this problem very regularly. It freezes when I'm trying to resume an episode. Doesn't happen every time but it often continues to freeze upon resume until I tell hulu to play the episode from the beginning. 

I was hoping the new update would fix this, I just downloaded one last night. But it locked up my PS3 again just 10 minutes ago.

For what it's worth, my PS3 doesn't experience any similar issues with other apps, games, media, etc. I have cable internet and no problem streaming HD content or anything else. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (2,516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 4, 2013
This has been going on since playstaion changed frome the original Hulu version couple years ago. It got really bad over the last six months. I have called Hulu and they said there is nothing they can do about it because it is playstaions programming. I have also called playstation about it and never gotten a good answer back from them. Pathetic!!!! So all we can do is hit restart episode and scroll to where we left off. Reinstalling does not help its a coding issue they need to resolve. I have a playstation 3 slim.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 14, 2013

same problems happening to me.

When is sony or Hulu going to make a patch or something else (I don't know how to fix, or I would).  I'll get halfway through a show, then entire PS3 freezes.  Not just hulu, I have to turn off the PS3 at the console, can't even get into the PS menu.

really a terrible product already, Hulu I mean, they could at least let it not destroy my PS3 every **bleep** 20 minutes.  

Then you have to watch ads when you restart.  **bleep** **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes