Oct 25 2013
By: Lord_Buddha_8 First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

Network issues in Bangkok, Thailand?

10 replies 212 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

I live between the USA and Thailand. Currently I am in Bangkok and have a PS3 there. Today, 25 October Bangkok time, I've had nothing but connection issues all day. I was trying to play Birds of Steel. Every 5 minutes, my game kicked off for a second long enough to kick me out of a host game or a game I was trying to host. 

Are there server issues in Thailand? I reboot my modem and router, tried wired and wireless, but the entire day I had issues and now I can't sign in at all. I am getting an error message like 80711008.

I would appreciate any help or information regarding PS3 network issues out of Thailand connecting to wherever the servers are globally.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5120 posts

Re: Network issues in Bangkok, Thailand?

Oct 25, 2013

You can try wired and wireless troubleshooting as outlined in the links below:

Wired: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/285

Wireless: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280

You can also try contacting your internet provider in Thailand to see if they are having issues or can help with a fix.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (200 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Are you in a hotel?

If you are you may want to ask them if there having issues.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (179 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Oct 25, 2013
No, I'm not in a hotel unfortunately. I'm at home, in an older building which only has DSL as an option. During the day, I reset the PS3 and the modem-router combo given by my ISP. I believe now it's the usual culprit here - the quality of my ISP and the old telephone lines. I performed a ping test which came back at 116ms. I belive that is a poor speed to host a game like Birds of Steel? My dowload is about 9mbps and upload about .8 mbps. Does anyone know what is minimum good speed required to host a game with approximately 16 players?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Can you post the equipment type and include model numbers? Modem/router.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 26, 2013
Thanks. my ISP in Bangkok, TRUE imported this brand from china called Billion Electric Company. It's a router modem combo. It doesn't even have a model number, it's just called 4 port Billion WiF router where you would normally find the model number from Netgear or Belkin.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Oct 26, 2013

There should be a model number.

Do any of them look like this here http://www.billion.com/support/download/usermanual/usermanual.html

To enter modem setup on a computer where you type url type in 192.168.1.1 user=admin password should be blank.(no password)

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx%3Fdocu...:smileysurprised:

When you get in look for anything that enables game mode and look for upnp and enable both.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 26, 2013
Thank you for all of the information you passed on and the time you took to research Billiion Company's website. It's unbelievable, but I can't find the model number anywhere and I also checked the router page and settings and no model number. i'm pretty sure it's model BiPac 7402, R3 under the ADSL 2+ Router series.

As of now, I assigned a static IP to my PS3 and also put that IP in the DMZ. I also made sure that UPnp is enabled.

This afternoon the network was normal during a little game play. I was able to play Birds of Steel with no problem and didn't get kicked off a game. I did not host any games, but at least I wasn't getting logged off/kicked out every 5 minutes. Prior to playing, my down and up speeds were back to normal (8 down and about .8 up), but the big difference I noticed was today's ping test came in at 57ms versus yesterday at 115. I'm really concluding it's just My ISP and old telephone lines.

Thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Do you have the filter installed?

So line from wall to filter/spliter then to phone and modem?

Can you get a new filter because sometimes those fail.

Does the modem have latest firmware? Can you also goto adsl status  page on the router,what are the numbers saying in the db section?

On the wireless page change the Channel ID to 6 or 11.

On the status page you should see device information thats where model should be.

Goto configuration page you will see Qos disable it. Qos will cause a little lag because it constantly checks your connection.

You may also want to consider putting the modem in bridged mode and buy a wireless N router for a little better performance.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I'll follow those steps, thanks again! My internet speed is sort of back to consistent and so is the ping <50ms. I did find this is the playstation asia website and I'm wondering if this has to do with the last 48 hours of getting kicked out every 10 minutes:
http://asia.playstation.com/th/en/newslisting#importantNotes
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes