Highlighted
Jul 31 2012
By: Chiabone First Son 3 posts

Network down?

1 replies 146 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I have been unable to connect to PSN for the last couple of days. I have done everything that I know how to get things back up, but nothing has worked. I have wi-fi access in my house and my computer works just fine, it is only my PS3 that doesn't want to work. I have tried to hardwire the PS3 directly to the router and that still didn't work. I reset my router and the network connected for a minute, but in the middle of a download, it crashed again. Could it be with my PS3? I would greatly appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Network down?

Aug 3, 2012

I have scoured the internet looking for solutions. Apparently, I am having a DNS error. I have changed the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well as 208.67.222 and 208.67.220.220 and still have the same error code. I even went so far as to go and buy a new ethernet cable per someone elses suggestion. Still no solution. This has been going on for nearly two weeks and I have just about reached my wits end. Are there any other possible solutions? 

It seems that calling Playstation is pointless as they will likely blame the issue on my end...which would be reasonable if my XBOX360 was having the same problem or even my PC were having the same issue, but they both work just fine. 

Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)
0 Likes