Aug 15 2013
By: Reaper_Charlie First Son 4 posts

Netflix interface is outdated

11 replies 331 views Edited Aug 15, 2013
Okay, so my Netflix is completely updated to 2.13 and is up to date. But the interface is old and I don't have any features that my friends do, like profiles etc. I don't understand how I can be totally updated but its still outdated. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Message 1 of 12 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4930 posts

Re: Netflix interface is outdated

Aug 15, 2013
IT's good enough to search for a film and watch it. Perfectly adequate.
Message 2 of 12 (318 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

Reaper_Charlie wrote:
Okay, so my Netflix is completely updated to 2.13 and is up to date. But the interface is old and I don't have any features that my friends do, like profiles etc. I don't understand how I can be totally updated but its still outdated. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A lof of these features get unlocked remotely without a major app update. An example of this is MAX or the profile feature.

Updates to the user interface have always demanded an application update.  Do try deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 12 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 15, 2013

im not sure what you mean, can you take a picture of your interface

maybe yours is the new one and your friends is old?

and I assume your comparing PS3 with another PS3? netflix interface is not the same on every device

Message 4 of 12 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 15, 2013
Okay, so my Netflix does work just fine. Yes. But I am comparing my ps3 to another. And I don't have MAX or the profile feature. I didn't know that some Netflix's look different though. I have reinstalled it numerous times, but it didn't change anything. I dont understand why I am limited to features. But mine isn't the new one. Because I watched my friend update it and then it just LOOKED better and had features, but when I tried to update mine, (it was already up to date). It didn't look like my friends and I didn't have max or profiles.
Message 5 of 12 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 15, 2013
http://youupload.org/isu4qi6 here is a picture of what it looks like.
Message 6 of 12 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 15, 2013

that looks like mine, I will confirm later tonight when I am home but from that picture I think mine looks the same

is it posible you friends is an older version?

Message 7 of 12 (298 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 15, 2013

other than that profile thing it looks the same, that profile thing allows you to have multiple peple use the netflix and customize the recently watched row based on what profile was being used

guess that would be usefull for people that did that

Message 8 of 12 (290 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Alright, thank you. I guess some people are just special who get to have more updated Netflix's. I just really wanted the profile feature because I have family members who watch the worst shows haha. But thanks for your help guys.
Message 9 of 12 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Well I saw that you were on a profile which apparently is your only profile. Since it's the only profile on your account it will automatically go that one and not let you make a new one; on your PS3 at least. You'll have to make a new profile on your account on the computer and then it will show you the profile features. I have no idea about Max but here's a Netflix blog post that includes some instruction and a guide to Max: http://blog.netflix.com/2013/06/let-max-be-your-netflix-guide-on-ps3.html

This support article will also help you out with making profiles: https://help.netflix.com/article/en/node/10421?ba=GSButtonClick&q=profiles

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 10 of 12 (248 Views)
0 Likes