Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2013
By: maurecoh First Son 1 posts

Netflix and PSN

8 replies 3951 views Edited Nov 22, 2013
When I try to watch Netflix on my PS3 I get a message stating "PSN sign-in is required. Please press the PS button to exit Netflix and then go to the PSN area of the XMB menu". I am logged in PSN and I checked my wifi connection and everything is running. Please let me know what needs to be done to fix this problem. Thank you!
Message 1 of 9 (3,951 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

Re: Netflix and PSN

Nov 22, 2013
Hey maurecoh. Is there any chance you can try using a wired connection? Sometimes wireless connections can be finicky when connecting to PSN and netflix.

Here are some troubleshooting tips for using Netflix on PS3. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2447/kw/netflix

Hope this helps.

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^
Message 2 of 9 (3,950 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2013
I am also having the same problem. I have followed all the steps requested and it is still not working. How do you fix this?
Message 3 of 9 (3,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Yo, same thing happening to me today, so I am guessing it's ps or nf having an issue. Freakin frustrating! I am going to try and call someone about it...I'm sure it'll pass in a day or so. It's not asking me to do the same with amazon, hulu, or redbox, so then maybe it's just netfix having a meltdown. Hope this helps.

Cjrock

Message 4 of 9 (3,871 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Delete the Netflix app and download and login again. Worked for me. Bizarre new issue today.
Message 5 of 9 (3,750 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 28, 2014
I deleted the Netflix icon and then reinstalled it. It then downloaded some new software, and I had to enter my username and password for Netflix again. This worked for me also. Hope this helps!
Message 6 of 9 (1,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Im having the same problem but i dont know the login information. Its my husbands account and hes deployed and he doesnt remember it either. he made it 2 years ago and just cant remember it. We dont even know the email account its linked to because i signs in automaticly. I have no idea what to do without starting a whole new account which i cant do without money...soo.... help...maybe???

Message 7 of 9 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4924 posts

Jan 28, 2014

xoxirishlove wrote:

Im having the same problem but i dont know the login information. Its my husbands account and hes deployed and he doesnt remember it either. he made it 2 years ago and just cant remember it. We dont even know the email account its linked to because i signs in automaticly. I have no idea what to do without starting a whole new account which i cant do without money...soo.... help...maybe???

you're gonn have to get the sign-in info sorted out with netflix before anything. you're gonna need to call them and see what other kind of identifying info they have that they will allow you to use to get that log-in info.

then try the steps above.

Message 8 of 9 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Pressing and holding "START" and "SELECT" fixed it for me when starting Netflix.

Message 9 of 9 (495 Views)
0 Likes