Dec 29 2014
By: SpazzyNate Monster Hunter 39 posts

Netflix Streaming Issues - EXTREMELY SLOW

4 replies 329 views Edited Dec 29, 2013

I have a PS3 slim with the latest firmware. Since about 12/22, signing into the PSN has been hit or miss (although it has been signing in much better the last couple of days), and once signed in, streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu are TERRIBLE. They stream so slow and choppy. Sometimes it hits 1920x1080 Super HD, and then suddenly dips down to 240, and stays that way.

Anyone else experiencing this? I hear that Netflix could be experiencing issues as well, but I know the PSN has been constantly up and down, and it appears it still is, according to the PSN support page (https://support.us.playstation.com/). It's mainly the Netflix streaming sucks at the moment, and doesn't appear to be getting any better.

Please post if you are experiencing this as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (329 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Netflix Streaming Issues - EXTREMELY SLOW

Dec 31, 2013

I've had mostly an issue with Netflix for the last couple of weeks. Slow and won't go to HD. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (295 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2014

You are not the only one experiencing this issue. I've been having this problem for the past couple of weeks at least. At the beginning I thought it was a problem with my router; but that was not it; specially with a 50mb/s internet connection an a brand new router......

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you and it's reallty frustrating. I can't wait for Sony or Netflix to get their act together and fix this problem. It really sucked........I was off work during Christmas with family at home  ):   I guess we'll have to be patient and see what happens, otherwise I'll get myself a ROKU 3 and done deal. I hope this helped a little.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (249 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 3, 2014

I've been seeing this as well. Any HD content I view will rarely ever go beyond 480SD, and will constantly and consistently go from 288 to 384 to 480 but mostly just hover at the 288 quality. I'm completely wired from cable modem to router and router to PS3, so not a wireless issue. Also conencted my PS3 straight to my modem and the issue persists. I even upgraded my Comcast plan from 25MBps to 50MBps (I actually get a constannt 59MBps) and I get the same poor quality through the PS3. Netflix through the computer or iPad (both Wireless) get full HD. 

Very frustrating. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Last week.

I believe it started from my last ps3 update, but now after starting a netflix movie it stops to buffer to 25% and stop. and it gets annoying after that. i would then pick up my ipad air and just chromecast the rest of the movie. i know its not the speed. all other devices works just fine. i can even watch my dish dvr on the ipad and still be waiting for netflix to come back without any interuptions. so, not sure if its on my end or something going on with Netflix and Sony and/or ISP.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)
0 Likes