Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 24 2012
By: XLIVGEH First Son 1 posts

Need to know how to CANCEL ACCOUNT(S) and start from scratch

2 replies 134 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

We have a major tangled web of two master accounts and each time we try and go in a reset something it is telling us that password etc is incorrect.  I am about to LOSE IT and want to cancel BOTH master accounts that have been linked to our son's playstation3 device and try  starting from scratch so we have ONE master account and we have a handle on all sub accounts paswords etc OR I need to know how to wipe out my credit card information on both my husband's account and my account because that is my main concern right now that we have two accounts both with our credit card information (same card) & yet we don't seem to have total control on everything.  My son is trying to save his info on games he has played and I will only let him do that if I can wipe out our cc info.  Otherwise I want EVERYTHING WIPED OUT from both our accounts along with deactivating as if nothing we never owned this system and never signed up accounts, that we we can fficially start from scratch. I have tried to do all this online and yet your Playstation says I need to contact support to do this BUT there are NO OPTIONS to do this when I call support.....AGAIN I am LOSING PATIENCE!

Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29599 posts

Re: Need to know how to CANCEL ACCOUNT(S) and start from scratch

Nov 24, 2012

XLIVGEH wrote:

We have a major tangled web of two master accounts and each time we try and go in a reset something it is telling us that password etc is incorrect.  I am about to LOSE IT and want to cancel BOTH master accounts that have been linked to our son's playstation3 device and try  starting from scratch so we have ONE master account and we have a handle on all sub accounts paswords etc OR I need to know how to wipe out my credit card information on both my husband's account and my account because that is my main concern right now that we have two accounts both with our credit card information (same card) & yet we don't seem to have total control on everything.  My son is trying to save his info on games he has played and I will only let him do that if I can wipe out our cc info.  Otherwise I want EVERYTHING WIPED OUT from both our accounts along with deactivating as if nothing we never owned this system and never signed up accounts, that we we can fficially start from scratch. I have tried to do all this online and yet your Playstation says I need to contact support to do this BUT there are NO OPTIONS to do this when I call support.....AGAIN I am LOSING PATIENCE!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Accounts cannot be deleted, they are just no-longer used, all you need to do is deativate the accounts you wish to deactivate & no-longer continue using them.

Make sure you dectivate the accounts for games & video where you need to.

As for credit card information, just go into account management & delete the information stored on the system.

You can deactivate your system(s) online here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

To deactivate for video I think you may have to call/contact Sony Customer Service, link at bottom of page under "contact us".

Important things to note are the following:

• Deactivation does NOT erase your account on the system.
  • Erasing an account does NOT deactivate your account!
  • You can only deactivate ALL systems once every 6 months.

Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Re: Need to know how to CANCEL ACCOUNT(S) and start from scratch

Nov 26, 2012

Thread moved from Forum Info & Help.

Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)
0 Likes