Apr 01 2013
By: Zakk108 First Son 2 posts

Need to get to NAT2

2 replies 153 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

Ok, so I just moved recently and the router at my new house is causing problems with my online gaming. I play sports games and I can play my Madden13 online and I can pay all online modes of NHL13 (online shootout, online team mode, etc.), but I can't play a basic user-to-user online game (which I need to be able to play because my GM Connected leagues are all going into playoffs). 

I know I need to be in NAT2, but I'm currently stuck in NAT3. I tried giving my PS3 a static IP address and making it DMZ through my router, but still nothing. The UPnP is enabled on both the PS3 and router, but when I do an internet connection test, it says it's unavailable. I don't know if that's it or not. 

Any other suggestions???

Message 1 of 3 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Re: Need to get to NAT2

Apr 1, 2013

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

The router at your new house; did the house come with its own router?

Anyways, Assuming that you have done all you have mentioned correctly, try the following. Connect your PS3 directly to the modem and see if you are able to get NAT2.   If you are able to get NAT2 then we know the issue is your router. Some router do a very poor job with UPnP.  DMZ seem to work on all routers but some router do DMZ in a funny way.

Provide us with your router brand & model

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Need to get to NAT2

Apr 1, 2013

I'm renting a room and the homeowner already had the router in place and everything. I'm not sure the model because I'm not at home right now, but it's through Telus. 

How would I go about connecting the PS3 to the modem instead of the router?

Message 3 of 3 (146 Views)
0 Likes