Jan 15 2013
By: KanyePest First Son 2 posts

Need to change incorrect account email?

3 replies 139 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Hello there. I made this account so I could explain the problem going on with an older account of mine. I hope I can describe the problem accurately:

I haven't used my PSPgo in a while; about 9 months. I wanted to check out some new titles in the store, and was prompted to enter account info. I had forgotten my password, so sent for a reset. I was wondering why it was taking so long for the email (about 6 days) until I checked tonight and realized I had been using an email for the account that I have never owned. The difference between the email I used for the account and my actual email was the absence of one character. So, I need to change both the password and email for my account, basically.

I hope I made it easy to understand! Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Re: Need to change incorrect account email?

Jan 15, 2013

KanyePest wrote:

Hello there. I made this account so I could explain the problem going on with an older account of mine. I hope I can describe the problem accurately:

I haven't used my PSPgo in a while; about 9 months. I wanted to check out some new titles in the store, and was prompted to enter account info. I had forgotten my password, so sent for a reset. I was wondering why it was taking so long for the email (about 6 days) until I checked tonight and realized I had been using an email for the account that I have never owned. The difference between the email I used for the account and my actual email was the absence of one character. So, I need to change both the password and email for my account, basically.

I hope I made it easy to understand! Thanks for reading.

You need to call sony customer service on this one  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/

Message 2 of 4 (132 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

What I'm getting from this is that you know what the email on the account currently is. Would it be possible to create the email being used by your Itrying then trying to reset your password? If not, you'd have to use the link provided above.

Edit: on iPhone so I can't edit the above post to mak corrections. When I said "Itrying then trying," I meant " ID then trying."

Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Thank you very much. I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this, but it must be resolved. Many thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes