May 14 2013
By: TheGatesOfHades First Son 3 posts

Name unavailable?

5 replies 464 views Edited May 14, 2013

hello all..i decided on making a 2nd PSN account... the name i had in mind was taken..(but the person probably never logs on or its probably an abandoned account)...

so i tried adding characters like x's.. and i noticed on one of them it wasnt taken but it wouldnt let me use the name..which was x_2Fast4U_x ....... just wondering why.. i really wanted to use the 2Fast4U name... please get back to me on that.

Message 1 of 6 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: Name unavailable?

May 14, 2013

Hi welcome to the forums.  If it was available I can't say as to why it wouldn't let you use it.  It doesn't seem to have anything that seems it would deemed "inappropriate" so I can't really say. Perhaps someone else will chime in that has a better idea. If not you can always try contacting customer support to see why it won't let you.

You can contact customer support via a method provided by clicking >>> HERE

Keep playing around with other screen names too. I've seen lots of iterations of "too fast for you" it's a very common name.  You find another version that you like better that it has no problem getting up and running. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6 (459 Views)
MVP Support
7425 posts

May 14, 2013

It doesn't seem like 2Fast4U has been taken.  There might be some issue with the filter misidentifying it; I can't think of any reason it would be blocked either.

Message 3 of 6 (448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 20, 2013

PSN ID's have to begin with a Letter..which is why he wanted x2Fast4Ux im assuming

Message 4 of 6 (433 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31571 posts

May 21, 2013

It is common to add an x in front of PSN names, particularly ones that start with a digit, which are not valid names by themselves.  After over six years, all of the obvious names have been taken.  I would be surprised if x_2Fast4U_x was still available after all this time.

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

May 21, 2013
You could be cool and spell out the numbers Smiley Happy
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 6 of 6 (403 Views)
0 Likes