First Son
1 posts

Re: NHL Gamecenter 2013

Jan 26, 2013

OK I talked to NHL support on the phone and they told me that it would b out by this Tuesday the 29th nothing we can do playstation is better then xbox so IM not complaining but to make things ez Boston bruins win the Stanley cup for 2013:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (2,138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Sony finally have their app for gamecenter out. As a new user of gamecenter anyone have any tips on how to get better quality seems a bit stuttery even though i have a great internet connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (1,883 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I just downloaded the new 2013 app today finally, but the second i turn it on I get the following message;

Network Error: Connection faiure.

The site could be temorarily unavailable or too busy.

Try again in a few moments

Error Code 2

Anyone else have this issue?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (1,836 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I had similar problems.  I was watching the Boston/NJ game last night and after about 10 minutes it started buffering.  It would start doing this about every 5 minutes or so, and then finally it would kick me out.  Actually locked my PS3 up the first time.  Had to physically restart the machine.  Switched over to the Buffalo game, 10 minutes in, it started doing the same thing.  I shut it off after that.  I have a 12 MB internet connection, plus I'm running wired, so there should be no problem with my connectivity. 

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (1,740 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I'm not even getting the main menu to even select a game, it shows the NHL logo with the puck loading the app, then that window appears with the Error Message.... any suggestions? I tried re downloading the app but it says I have the current version

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (1,735 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 30, 2013

same thing happens to me bshott, nhl logo, and little puck loading, then blank black screen...tried it over and over, and even reinstalled the app...not working for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (1,705 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I don't know about the rest, but I get to the available games menu, am able to select a game, but I just keep getting error messages thereafter.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (1,699 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

I installed the newest system update, and now I get the NHL logo with the puck loading screen, and now it just goes blank to a black screen and nothing! such a pain, I tried reinstalling the app but no luck. this blows....  Hopefully someone out there has a solution!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

All you that have "error code: 2" error message after the puck loads. I've got it work now. This way i've got it work:

You have to format your ps3. (at your own risk, i've got it to work that way)

1. In ps3 go to "options or settings" (I've got menu in finnish language so i don't know how it is in english.)

2. Go to "system settings"

3. Next -> return system to default settings (format system and return default settings)

4. Click yes

5. It will report that it takes about 9 hours but i cancel it between the format and the ps3 started again and ask me to format the machine. It now takes about one minute to format and after that i fill up the informations again and started ps3 and dowloaded the nhl gamecenter again and now it works.

I don't know if there any other solution than formatting the device. :/

Sorry for bad english.

Jaakko

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Meant to get back on here to update, after the debacle that was "opening night" with this app, the next night went much better.  Had it on most of the night watching random games and experienced no issues.  Last night however, I watched the Blues game, then switched over to Edmonton/San jose.  About a minute into overtime, my ps3 just shuts off, red light flashing.  Panic ensued.  Remote and controllers would not respond.  Turned PS3 off via switch in the back, after flipping switch back on, solid red light displays like normal.  Remote and controllers still wouldn't function.  Manually turned it on, would startup and then about 30 seconds in, it would shut off with red light blinking again.  I shut it off overnight. 

This morning I turned it back on, it told me that I hadn't shut down properly (duh) and that it would check the system for errors.  It ran the check, then came back up to my home screen.  All appears well, but now I'm nervous. 

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (1,554 Views)
0 Likes