First Son
19 posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Lags - Week 2

Sep 18, 2012

tshelton24 - I love how they post a  question/answer statement indicating only a small number of users had issues and then to go on and try to blame the internet connection as the main reason for the issues.

LISTEN SONY - A majority of us who had issues have excellent broadband internet connections. THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE.  Your service is the issue. Where is my refund?

Message 41 of 80 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

Sep 18, 2012

By the way I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Everyone should take the time to do this! Get the word out.

Message 42 of 80 (904 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4419 posts

Sep 18, 2012

tshelton24 wrote:
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=4681

Hey everyone. tshelton24 had the right idea. Go ahead and check out that information from the Knowledge Center. If you are still having issues after trying all of the solutions listed on that page, post in this thread below about your specific issue: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-NFL-Sunday-Ticket/m-p/382997...

Thanks guys and we appreciate your patience. 

J_W

Message 43 of 80 (863 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Still no responce to my email I sent PSN Support over 24 hours again.  I can only hope they have noted the issues and are trying to improve the service.  I am being respectful, but how long for me to get a real answer? 

Message 44 of 80 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 19, 2012

JW, we have already reported the issue. Tshelton does not have the right idea. By the time people make it to the forums, they have already tried the simple troubleshooting. I will lay out what happened to me and presumably everyone else:

1) we paid $300 up front for this service, with no way to test it out.

2) Week 1 was flawless. Every game was smooth. I raved about it to my friends and family. I have a fiberoptic Internet connection. Bandwidth on my end will NEVER be an issue.

3) The morning games on Week 2 were flawless. Great picture, no freezing.

4) The Seahawks-Cowboys game starts. The quality is horrible. It freezes every 90 seconds. The timeline jumps around- I would miss 3 or 4 plays while the loading wheel jus spins and spins, only to come back to find that the other team now has the ball. This continues all game. All game. This is 1/16th of the entire experience I will receive from this service, and it was unwatchable.

Please escalate this for us. Now. This service costs as much as the Playstation itself. And you claim that no refunds can be given. 

Message 45 of 80 (840 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Jhmg85, I agree with you. I just want our issues to be reported up the chain to someone that can address this. Going on 48 hours now and no response from psn tech support.
Message 46 of 80 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Thanks tshelton. Let me know when you receive a response. I emailed tech support as well.

Message 47 of 80 (815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Subject
Why did the Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks game lock up, and none of the ot...

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Kate) 09/19/2012 05:42 AM
Hello Todd,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Kate, and I am happy to help you today. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced and I can definitely understand how frustrating this is due to the amount of money you have spent on this application.

We are aware small number of users may have experienced streaming issues with the PlayStation 3's NFL Sunday Ticket application on Sunday, September 16, 2012. We are currently investigating these reports with a focus on providing the best possible viewing experience for the NFL's week 3 and beyond.

As you know, to get the best possible quality of NFL Sunday Ticket, you need a good and dependable broadband connection. Test the speed of your connection with an Internet Speed Test. If you are receiving over 700kbps per second down from your provider, then you should be able to see all video content at the High setting. You might also reset your modem and router to see if that helps establish a faster connection.

If your video service is not working well, it could be the result of a loose physical connection or unstable wireless connectivity, so it's always a good idea to check your connections. If you are having trouble with a wireless connection, try using a wired connection.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, the problem might be caused by high traffic on your local network or ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your bandwidth may be being used by another application. Downloading large files or using peer-to-peer applications while watching video, for example, may prevent you from being able to receive enough data to maintain a constant video stream.

Your viewing experience will be affected if our servers are unable to deliver data to your system quickly enough because of network congestion on your connection. Turn off any other programs or devices that are sharing your connection.

If you've tried the above steps and are still experiencing technical issues, please call: 1-800-531-5000.

Thank you so much for your time and for giving me this opportunity to help you today, Todd.

Sincerely,
Kate F

PlayStation® Technical Support
1-800-345-7669
http://us.playstation.com
 Auto-Response 09/17/2012 05:04 PM
*Please do not reply to this system-generated message.*

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA). We have received your question.

Our agents respond to emails in the order they are received. Depending on volume, we typically reply within 12 hours. We appreciate your patience.

Please note, our department only handles emails from North American residents. If you live outside of North America, we have regional support offices to better assist you. Please visit our Country Selector page and select your home region's support website: http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

Sincerely,
SCEA Consumer Services

For immediate online support, please visit our PlayStation Knowledge Center at http://us.playstation.com/support 24 hours a day.
 Customer By Web Form (Todd Shelton) 09/17/2012 05:04 PM
Why did the Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks game lock up, and none of the other games the past two weeks had issues.

What are you going to do to reassure me this won't happen again? I have contacted both Sony and Direct tv, tech supports respectively. I have been as courteous and patient as I can be the past two days, but after not getting any answers or solutions it becomes frustrating.

I pay $300 of my hard earned income in this economy, and the best answer I get is we are unaware of this, and we are sorry it must have been one game.

I am not an expert, but I could attribute this to an overload of the server, because a high traffic website will lock up, lag, and skip when this occurs.

Are you going to do something, to provide me the service that I paid a substantial amount of money?

I have no reason to believe on Sunday that I will get to watch the Cowboys game, and it won't be the same quality I received yesterday.

Please respond with genuine answer, and not the same thing I keep hearing.

Message 48 of 80 (807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Standard propaganda.
Message 49 of 80 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Sep 19, 2012
In my email to support I specifically mentioned that I am not using wireless, there is no loose connection, I have 100x the speed needed to watch in high quality and that the service worked flawlessly the week before. If they come back with a response like the one they sent you I'm going straight to a supervisor.
Message 50 of 80 (802 Views)
0 Likes