First Son
15 posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Lags - Week 2

Sep 17, 2012

Everyone, this is in a separate post but have to post here: Twitter support gave me a refund in just a few minutes with minimal questions.

Follow @AskPlayStation. Send a Tweet to their handle. They will follow you back and send you direct messages to handle it.

I got a full refund right away. Great service.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 80 (998 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Does anyone think there is hope they resolve the issues?

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 80 (973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I'll put it this way: PS and DTV didn't even acknowledge the issues on gameday, and have barely come around now. The only responsive people have been the mods in this forum and @AskPlayStation on Twitter.

I'd rather spend my energy getting a refund now than hoping they fix this, and having them tell me I can't get a refund later because I've "watched" half the season. Get out while you can and find a bootleg.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 80 (970 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 17, 2012

20 minutes on the phone, on hold for the second time...only result so far has been wasted time and failed troubleshooting of resetting my equipment, turning off media server settings on PS3 network settings, and reinstalling the Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket application. Then they said they woud "pass my information up" and I should be on the look out for an email addressing the problem. 

update....no email from anyone today...added @askplaystation to my twitter got nothing in reply after

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 80 (938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I specifically went out to buy a PS3 just to get this NFL Sunday Ticket...What a mistake!!! I was so mad when I got home and turned this on for the first time yesterday! I also called Sony support and was told that I needed to call my ISP to open specific ports, which are already open!!! Amazon and Netflix work great! Sony, one again, better own up to this and credit us back. I don't want a refund, I want the service I paid for!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 80 (930 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Yes, it's the only reason I bought the PS3 as well.  I had to move and used to have directv, which I actually better than cable since the HD seems better. I may have to find a place to live that allows for directv...seems like it shouldn't come to that in this day and age.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 80 (919 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 17, 2012

They had similar issues last year and it was OK.....still some issues but NOTHING like yesterday.

If they dont reply to everyone's complaints and at least fix the issues there's always the Better Business Buearu http://www.bbb.org/ . File a complaint. It's one thing to have issues with the service for a small period of time, it's another to not resolve the issue/s and screw the customer. It almost feels like a bait and switch. Works great the free weekend (1st weekend).....then doesnt work at all regardless of the terms and conditions. 

I emailed them yesterday and they never responded to my questions. I paid for a service and expect that service to be good, including Customer Service, neither which have been acceptable to this point this year. The 1st weekend was free so that leaves 16 weeks remaining that we've paid for. Yesterday was unwatchable. We basically all gave them $18.00+ for nothing. I just pray that the "non existant" issues that everyone has complained about are resolved.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 80 (910 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

I have contacted both tech supports for Direct Tv and PS3, and they both point fingers at each other.  They claim how it was just one game, and I tell them how I got it to watch the Cowboys.  It's frustrating how they act like nothing is wrong.  Direct Tv claims it's on Ps3 support from their infastructure.  Both of them said this is the first word they heard of my issues, which should be crap if none of us could watch the game.  I get no reassurance this isn't going to happen again on Sunday.  The rep from Direct Tv told me if the Giants game worked fine, then why wouldn't the Cowboys game work?  He claimed just as many watched the Giants vs. Buccaners.  I think we need to complain in numbers.  I am down for calling every day and telling them; because I just want to be able to watch the game in the comfort of my own home.

If anyone hears anything different or any word that they plan to fix the server overload, or whatever it might be please share. 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 80 (904 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 80 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 18, 2012

WASTE OF MONEY! SKIPS PLAYS IN BETWEEN!!

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 80 (889 Views)
0 Likes