First Son
3 posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Lags - Week 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

Very disappointed by Sony PS3 / DirecTV.  Yesterday was the first Cowboys game I've missed in nearly 20 years. I tried, but it was completely unwatchable.  I've been purchasing Sunday Ticket every year since its inception, and before that I was a die-hard patron at a local sports bar.

They've lost my business.  Not just Sunday Ticket, but any chance of ever using DirecTV for my provider again.

ATTN DALLAS FANS--   I've looked at the schedule this year and between the national games and games that I think will probably be broadcast in my area, there are very few I'll need to go to a sports bar to view; perhaps as few as 3 remaining.  Thats $100/game they are saving me by making me dump their crappy service.  Maybe I should thank them for making me reconsider.

Everyone should do the same--  take a look at your team's schedule.  See how many games you will really need their service for.  Then let them know that this "service" is a rip-off and we customers are not to be taken for granted.

As for refunds--  If they don't come through with refunds, there are probably many attorneys out there that would be happy to put together a class action suit against these very large and wealthy companies.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 80 (881 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Had almost no issues with the Bucs-Giants game yesterday. I did notice that when I tried to switch to the Cowboys-Seahawks afterwards, it wouldn't even open, but I just gave up on it without thinking much of it at the time.

I am happy I bought the package, but my main gripe is that (and this could be on me for misunderstanding the terms of use) my understanding was that only games in the local audience you are in are subject to blackouts on it. However, it seems that any game that is blacked out in it's local market is also blacked out on the app regardless of where you are watching from? Big problem with that for me is that I bought it mainly for the Bucs games, me living in the Falcons market, and so that is likely going to be half the games or more I won't be able to see.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 80 (866 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Blackouts are beyond DirecTV or PSN's control - unfortunately, it's the NFL's arcane licensing rules that govern that crap. 

But for $300, with no trial period to make sure it works, you shouldn't EVER have a game that's inaccessible! Don't take this crap lying down, because that's what they're hoping you'll do.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 80 (863 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 17, 2012

DIRECTtv SCKS! Had it for a year and never went back. This app., is a waste of money.   Way too expensive!   

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 80 (845 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 17, 2012

was just given the status of my refund request. DENIED!~

F ps3 network, what a crock of bs.  how can you charge for a service that doesnt work? now i call my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 80 (826 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 17, 2012

How can they deny you a refund when you didn't get the service you promised. The feed is supposed to be HD and nto constantly buffering and skipping a majority of the game. This is truly unbelievable. If my refund is denied I will never buy another Sony product again.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 80 (823 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 17, 2012
    PlayStation® Support - PlayStation Network Refund Denial 

Dear MIKE,

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services.

We are unable to process your request for a refund on the PlayStation® Network.

According to our Terms of Service, all sales are final.

For more information please check the Terms of Service and User Agreement.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 80 (816 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 17, 2012

filed my dispute with my credit card company and ill have my $299 back into my account tomorrow morning.  thanks bank of america!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 80 (811 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Wish I would have paid with CC instead of debit account! Keep pressuring them everyone - @AskPlayStation, @PlayStation, @PhilRosenberg, @DirecTVService, @DIRECTV on Twitter.

#NFLSUNDAYRIPOFF

They need to SEE lots of people complaining about this. I'm in the media business, believe me, this works.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 80 (807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Twitter support for PSN just came online - they only watch this thing from 2 pm-5 pm eastern, if you had any doubts about how little they care about their users. They're at:

twitter.com/askplaystation

Go there, follow them (they supposedly respond via Direct Message on Twitter) and message them about your experience. They will feel it this way. Make it public.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 80 (790 Views)
0 Likes