Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 16 2012
By: c_w_3000 First Son 15 posts

NFL Sunday Ticket Lags - Week 2

79 replies 2153 views Edited Sep 16, 2012

Just bought and installed the NFL Sunday Ticket app, and it's unwatchable. Constant hangups, buffering, lags, pixelation - I feel like I'm watching something on RealPlayer in 1999.

Are there known issues? Hardwire seems to not be any better than wireless connection. My ISP speeds are 34 mbps down. This is not worth $300 - if this isn't fixed I might try to stop payment before the transfer goes thru on Monday morning. 

Message 1 of 80 (2,153 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Lags - Week 2

Sep 16, 2012
I'm having the same issues. Wont go more than 10 seconds without freezing. Worked great last year. Anybody heard if the issues are being addressed?
Message 2 of 80 (2,151 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Here's basically my whole experience: NFL SUNDAY TICKET SCREENSHOT.jpeg

Message 3 of 80 (2,134 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Same here. Constant buffering and pixelated when it actually does work for 5 seconds at a time. Called customer support and they were useless. They said it was because of my internet connection. I did two speed tests while on the phone with them...22Mbps through speakeasy, so the problem wasn't on my end. Customer support told me to call my ISP. Yeah, ok. It worked great last week. After the mandatory update, the service is garbage. I am going to call again at halftime and hopefully they are at least aware of the issue by that time. I'm feeling the $300 swirl the toilet bowl.

Message 4 of 80 (2,127 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Please keep us updated. Same problem

Message 5 of 80 (2,117 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Sep 16, 2012

This is the worst experience of streaming sports I have ever experienced on my PS3. I have had a few years of mlb.tv streaming, NHL game center, and even the sham NFL Sunday ticket last year. It was "good enough" even with its lag/buffer, (had to change from one game to another just to get back to live stream..BS...) that getting to see the beloved Lions every week in DC was worth it. But this week’s stream is unwatchable; it wasn’t that bad last week. But...this has been a disappointing week; everyone I know loves a chill Sunday afternoon watching amazing games and the best game being played by the best players in the world. So we spend days in advance of Sunday, talking about how excited we are for "Football Sunday" and when you invite a group of people over to have a great day with friends, everyone is disappointed and the host feels embarrassed for letting them down by not being able to deliver on the earlier promise of football food and fun. I really don’t know who this problem resides with, SONY, or DIRECT TV, (I'm quite confident that my internet connection/or provider is not the issue, from how much PS3 Streaming I do its obvious NFL Sunday Ticket is aberration.) but both need to have some kind of response to this. I feel like this kind of service is incredible if it would only function as advertised. Sadly it does not and a lot of people probably wasted hard earned money on something that didn't do what "They" said it would. 

Message 6 of 80 (2,100 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 16, 2012

800-345-SONY (7669) ps3 support

call them to get a refund like i did.

Message 7 of 80 (2,091 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Message 8 of 80 (2,074 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

5 min on hold so far

Message 9 of 80 (2,072 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Just got off the phone with them after an hour of my life I'll never get back. Tech had me do all this trouble shooting stuff that of course didn't work. Right at the end of the call he said "Oh, a message popped up on my computer. This is a known issue now for some customers." Submitted a refund request for me. What a cracker jack service. 

Message 10 of 80 (2,067 Views)