Feb 14 2013
By: ITCOB1 Fender Bender 2760 posts
Accepted Solution

NEW Maintainence Shutdown

[ Edited ]
6 replies 511 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

I was logged in to my psn account at 6:45pm est, just minutes ago,, exchanging msgs with friends on Home who had already updated. As I pondered whether to take the plunge, I decided to use my alt account to test the waters. When I just now tried to sign my other acct online, I got the message" The Sony Entertainment network is down for maintainnce" So, I decided to log back in on my main account. NO GO. I got the same message.So not only is Home not an option, but I cannot even access my games at the moment. Most of the new games all maintain game saves in the cloud now.No sign in, No games.This move by companies to control all our data and media in the Cloud is rubbish. Ditch your internet, not your pc. This update may prove to be as poorly timed disaster as the masses try log on. Sony's servers were often stressed pre update as we all know from the lag problems. How is putting more tasks on the servers supposed to help? 

Posted Image

Message 1 of 7 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: NEW Maintainence Shutdown

Feb 14, 2013

I got the note for that too after got disconnected from PSN (was about to play Uncharted 2), posted on facebook, later tryes to login back, already succesfuly login back to PSN.

Kind da a glitch...right?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 2 of 7 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Feb 14, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

Sony's servers were often stressed pre update as we all know from the lag problems. How is putting more tasks on the servers supposed to help? 

I think a whole lot of people, including myself, are asking themselves that question. It was actually ok for me earlier today, but then I ran into a series of disconnects, troubles with getting back on, looong loading times in both spaces and wardrobe....to the point where I just bailed out altogether. It defeats the purpose of Home for me--there just isn't anything fun or entertaining about that. Maybe it will all get better with time, but it seems to me they bit off more than they can possibly chew with this "update"......again.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

You have to keep in mind that the server is under more stress than usual mainly because of the first time uploads everybody is going through. Once the majority has done that, things should improve.

Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Feb 14, 2013

i was thinking that also today, that once the mass of users log in for the first time post update things like severe lag with drop off. i can only hope because it was a nightmare for me first time post update. picture servers now still steaming, hot to the touch.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 5 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1525 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Hey. I will be moving this from Playstation Home to Playstation Network Support.
Message 6 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Nevermind. After about 15 minutes I was able to log in and Home updated to 1.75 without a problem. All is well.Just too much traffic with the Home update I guess.
Posted Image

Message 7 of 7 (223 Views)
0 Likes