Highlighted
Nov 05 2012
By: Bambi-01us Treasure Hunter 3821 posts

[NETWORK ERRORS] Guide to help fix

[ Edited ]
89 replies 39467 views Edited Sep 20, 2013
     Guide to help fix most errors including error 80029564 (PS3)

Check to see if the PSN (PlayStation Network) is Online

Do you have a Network Error Code?  Go to the PlayStation Knowledge Center to view the Definition.  Pictures in spoiler.

Spoiler
2013-05-20_1034.png

- OR -

2013-05-23_1539.png

1.  Port forward the required ports in your router.  You can get the full list of ports needed at PlayStation Knowledge Center.

2.  I personaly just went ahead and addressed my PlayStation 3 with the DMZ I set via router.  This shouldn't be needed if you Port Forward.  I did this anyway to ensure my PlayStation was connecting to the internet full force.  When DMZ is enabled, it's completely open to the internet.

Step 2 details

Spoiler

Router Configuration steps

1. Go to your web browser on your computer (this will not work on the PS3's www browser), and type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar.
  2. Fill in the User Name and Password. 

NOTE:  (Step 2) If you haven't set up a password or ever been in your router configuration, these should be what you need below.

• User Name:  admin
  • Password:  password

One brand of router is different from the other brand.  I'm using a Netgear, and she hasn't let me down yet.  I'll take a few snap shots of what's filled in.  I hope this helps.

This snap shot is to log in User Name and Password are above.  (All lowercase)

2013-02-28_1549.png

This next snap shot is of course optional, but will most likely fix a lot of issues you may be experiencing.

Top numbers read (8.8.8.8)

Bottom numbers read (8.8.4.4)

2013-02-28_1539.png

This next snap shot is to set up a DMZ if you would like to have your PS3 open to all traffic.  (That is the option I have)  The DMZ  IP address I have is the one I stick in the PS3's internet connection settings.

2013-02-28_1551.png

This video below will quickly show where and what to do for Portforwarding if you don't trust DMZ.

Head into Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings.  This is found under Settings via the PlayStation 3's   XMB.  From there, (and this is very important when downloading a file over 1GB in my book) hardwire from your router to the PS3.  The settings I applied are below for this section.

Internet Connection Settings

Spoiler

• Select a setting method:  Custom
  • Select a connection method:  Wired Connection  (Stay clear from wi-fi as much as possible)
  • Select the operation mode of the network device:  Auto-Detect
  • IP Address Setting:  Manual

IP Address:  192.168.1.218 (Note: That is your choosing.  Whatever IP you put for the DMZ, and/or Port fowarding)

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0  or it could be 255.255.254.0 - - - - Whatever one it is for you.

Default Router:  192.168.1.1 "192.168.1.1 is the router IP"  That is the number(s) you need to put.

Primary DNS:  192.168.1.1 Same as above.
Secondary DNS:  0.0.0.0

With Public DNS by Google

Spoiler
I would consider doing this if you're having ERROR 80029564.

IP Address:  192.168.1.218 (Note: That is your choosing.  Whatever IP you put for the DMZ, and/or Port fowarding)

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0  or it could be 255.255.254.0 - - - - Whatever one it is for you.

Default Router:  192.168.1.1 "192.168.1.1 is the router IP"  That is the number(s) you need to put.

Primary DNS:   8.8.8.8 (Google Public DNS)
Secondary DNS: 
8.8.4.4  (Google Public DNS)

• Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)  Set this option to Automatic.
  • Proxy ServerDo Not Use.
  • UPnPDisable
  • Press X button to save your settings, and do a Connection Test after the PS3 saves. (Save completed)

When complete it should read:

As it states on the bottom part that the connection speed results are estimates and are provided as a reference only, and then simply push circle to exit out.

After that skip on down to Media Server Connection to disable it.  This setting sets whether or not to connect to media servers.  It is for your Home Computer through windows media player.  I personally don't use that.  I believe it bugs the connection up.

Troubleshooting I played with

Spoiler
Troubleshooting I played with:

Now there are a few other features I wanted to tweek in the router.  Some routers don't have the features mine does but I'll list them anyway.  I'm running on a Netgear.  I disabled IGMP Proxying, and disabled SIP ALG.  If you don't use Voice-Over, I'd disable that feature (SIP ALG).

Now the IGMP Proxying function lets a LAN PC to receive the multicast traffic it is interested in from the Internet. You can check the box to disable the function if you do not need it.  And I believe the default is to have it disabled.  So by unchecking it, it would be enabled.  I personaly don't see why anyone would want to disable it.

Now the SIP ALG function I tried to learn about.  It was a rather interesting reading about this setting.  I personaly don't use any sort of Voice-Over, so I disabled that function.  Some VoIP applications do not work well with the SIP ALG. Enabling this option to turn off the SIP ALG may help your VoIP devices to create/accept a call through the router.  I learned that this option wasn't needed for me, so I disabled that.

I went through other troubleshooting options from the top of my head.  For example, I wired directly from the ISP modem, and tried to download it that way.  Like all my other attempts, it sadly didn't work.  So this is why I went through all said above.  Now I'm attempting to download on those settings I applied to the router and PS3.

This next step can be used, but DMZ and/or Port Foward would need enabled to the computer.  I would recommend not going this route, unless you absolutly need another option to get your download.  I just find this option high risk.

<HIGH RISK>Hook the PlayStation 3 system to your computer using it's shared internet connection via hardwire.  Stay away from wi-fi as much as possible when downloading a big file like Assassin's Creed® lll.  Then, simply go into the PlayStation Store, (Do not use account management, it didn't work for me) and go to the downloads tab to get to your needed download.  Don't go into background download, it won't work.  It always lead me to corrupt data.

I'm simply throwing this option out there because it is an option, but a risky one.  Unless you have a computer you don't use for personal life like I got.  Just becareful if you go this route.<HIGH RISK>

To make it not as risky, you could Port Foward the ports needed for the PSN to the computer being used.  You can find a list of these port #'s at the PlayStation Knowledge Center.

This section below isn't needed if what is said above worked, but good if all else fails, and this is for (Background Downloading).

I do know that downloading a file 1 GB or more is going to have a big chance for packet loss if settings are not set right.  So downloading, I'm simply downloading about 100 to 150 Megs, then pausing the download for about 2 mintues then I carry on another 150 Megs. (Rinse and Repeat)

If you happen to be watching and see your download speed come to a slower than usual speed, pause it.  Wireless isn't stable enough for a constant 1GB or more download in my book.  It's also recommened to check with your ISP to make sure they are not blocking ports needed for PSN experience.

If you are still having ERROR issues please contact PlayStation Knowledge Center.
Bambi-01us
Message 1 of 90 (39,467 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Router Configuration Steps **Updating**

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Router Configuration steps

1. Go to your web browser on your computer (this will not work on the PS3's www browser), and type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar.
  2. Fill in the User Name and Password. 

NOTE:  (Step 2) If you haven't set up a password or ever been in your router configuration, these should be what you need below.

• User Name:  admin
  • Password:  password

One brand of router is different from the other brand.  I'm using a Netgear, and she hasn't let me down yet.  I'll take a few snap shots of what's filled in.  I hope this helps.

This snap shot is to log in User Name and Password are above.  (All lowercase)

2013-02-28_1549.png

This next snap shot is of course optional, but will most likely fix a lot of issues you may be experiencing.

Top numbers read (8.8.8.8)

Bottom numbers read (8.8.4.4)

2013-02-28_1539.png

This next snap shot is to set up a DMZ if you would like to have your PS3 open to all traffic.  (That is the option I have)  The DMZ  IP address I have is the one I stick in the PS3's internet connection settings.

2013-02-28_1551.png

This video below will quickly show where and what to do for Portforwarding if you don't trust DMZ.

Bambi-01us
Message 2 of 90 (39,415 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

PS4

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

Reserved

Bambi-01us
Message 3 of 90 (39,270 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Message 4 of 90 (39,212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Guide to help fix Error 80029564

Nov 8, 2012
none worked
Message 5 of 90 (39,174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 9, 2012

That won't help me at all, my connections setting are just fine. I've downloaded Infamous several months ago under the same connection and have had no problems installing it. This Sony's fault all the way.

Message 6 of 90 (39,140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 9, 2012

An update here, somehow Sony has manage to bugger up the implementation of the IEEE 802.11 standards for Wifi connection. I've plugged the console directly on the wireless router via an Ethernet Cat5E cable and the download speed has jumped from merely 30 kilobytes/sec to roughly some 400 KBytes/sec. So that's that. Sony is officialy using monkeys with neurological disfunctions as their network engineers.

Message 7 of 90 (39,126 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I've downloaded Resident Evil 5 for 8 times now, still can't install it.

what the hell are they doing? is it that hard to implement some kind of CRC checksum or something?
Message 8 of 90 (39,122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Don't Feel Bad My Friend I am A Ps Plus And I can't even install infm2 lbp2 and payday the hiest i called and spoken with the superviers and he explain to me if you live on the east coast the east side severs are over poplauted and there are now working to get more east side severs 1 thing you can do i live you on the east side is try downloading it at night thats what he reccommed to me

photo lee1302_zps11d8821a.png
Message 9 of 90 (39,082 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Hey Y'all,

I know it's frustrating for this to happen.  Even though this might be on sony's end, doesn't mean we can't take the proper adjustments to our end.  When I was doing all that tweeking in my router, and etc.  I seen some flaws that I should have noticed with past maintenance.  I missed a few ports, I didn't disable a function, I had UPnP enabled while my PlayStation 3 was on a DMZ, etc and etc.. 

I was on this for a good couple days, and the guide I disclosed is what I did.  That guide is more information on one spot then I've seen all over the net.  That is what worked for me, and I'm only trying to help.  There was ports I wasn't aware of till Sony sent me an E-Mail.  Even if this was on their end, I still think it's best to do what they recommend. 

I didn't realize it took so much effort to get connected to their servers to download or play online properly.  Every now an then I got to do a few more tweeks here and there.  It's only paying off to stay updated on everything that needs done.  I do know that I got to download.  If this happens to me again, I'll be calling them and telling them details so it can be fixed.

Bambi-01us
Message 10 of 90 (38,999 Views)