Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2012
By: CJ_SoSuave First Son 4 posts

NAT Type 3...

6 replies 59 views Edited Mar 4, 2012

Hopefully I posted this in the right section. I'm having a problem getting my NAT Type to Type 2 from 3. I've tried assigning a static IP, forwarding the ports, DMZing, UPnP, etc. etc. But nothing's working. I'm using a Linksys BEFSR41. Any ideas would be great on how to fix this. And any information you may need, just ask me and I'll provide what I know.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28632 posts

Re: NAT Type 3...

Mar 4, 2012

CJ_SoSuave wrote:

Hopefully I posted this in the right section. I'm having a problem getting my NAT Type to Type 2 from 3. I've tried assigning a static IP, forwarding the ports, DMZing, UPnP, etc. etc. But nothing's working. I'm using a Linksys BEFSR41. Any ideas would be great on how to fix this. And any information you may need, just ask me and I'll provide what I know.

Welcome to the Playstation Community.

Unortunately not, but don't worry about it.

Here's a link to the correct Forum page: http://community.us.playstation.com/community/support/playstation_network?view=discussions

I have asked for this thread of yours to be moved there for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Mar 4, 2012

Often, the problem is at your modem. Some modems provide NAT to give customers some level of protection from the internet; these modems are often called gateways when they combine modem and router function in one.

When you use your own personal router (which performs NAT too) you need to disable NAT on the gateway, or it will scramble connection data. Disabling NAT is often called bridging.

If you can find out what internet service provider you are using, and the brand and model number of your modem, then you should be able to look up a guide on bridging your modem. Often others have done this before and documented it.

You should also make sure your router has the newest firmware update from the downloads section of Linksys' website. It might improve your connection quality too, once you get NAT Type 2 from bridging.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 4, 2012

I use a pretty local 'high-speed' internet called Casair...they're not the best, but that's all I have available in my area. As far as I know and can see, my modem is an Alvarion IDU, couldn't find anything more specific. My router is a Linksys BEFSR41 as I stated in my first post. I've tried looking it up, but I have no clue how to bridge the two if that's what's needed.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Mar 4, 2012

If you plug your PS3 directly into the Alvarion IDU and use the automatic settings, do you get NAT Type 2? Are there any other model numbers on the Alvarion IDU? Check the sticker underneath the unit.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Alvarion IDU - ACPS 101G Rev. C is the model.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Also please note that I just added a new router (After all previous testing) to connect my PS3 and PC at the same time. Same router as the other one, another Linksys BEFSR41. All the same settings as the last, same ports forwarded, DMZ active, etc. etc. Just needed to put it in so I could connect my PC and PS3 at the same time since there're three other computers hooked up.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes