Jan 24 2013
By: BigDaddy7891 First Son 3 posts

My account was banned.

5 replies 223 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

My account was banned for having an inappropriate online ID. I created that account in 2008 and have spent alot of money and collected over 10,000 trophies since i created it and yesterday i get an email saying that it was banned. Is there anyway i can get my account back? Is there a way where you can change the name of my online ID and i can still keep my purchases and trophies? Why did you guys wait nearly 5 years after i created the account and i spent all that time and money collecting trophies and spending money in the PS store to ban me? Can you please help me?

Message 1 of 6 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32464 posts

Re: My account was banned.

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

BigDaddy7891 wrote:

My account was banned for having an inappropriate online ID. I created that account in 2008 and have spent alot of money and collected over 10,000 trophies since i created it and yesterday i get an email saying that it was banned. Is there anyway i can get my account back? Is there a way where you can change the name of my online ID and i can still keep my purchases and trophies? Why did you guys wait nearly 5 years after i created the account and i spent all that time and money collecting trophies and spending money in the PS store to ban me? Can you please help me?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The only people who can get you your account back, assuming it's even possible is Sony & their customer service/support department, not anyone here, I would suggest you use the email you received to contact them about it to discuss your next move.

In some instances like this Sony has agreed to a slight name change to make the 'offensive' ID 'non offensive', thus keeping any trophies etc, but this isn't always the case.

As for why now & not earlier, it is likely someone reported your PSN ID as inappropriate & that report was probably pretty recent, it hasn't bothered anyone before, at least no enough to report it, that is likely the reason why now & not before.

Message 2 of 6 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Ok. Thank you for the response. :manhappy:

Message 3 of 6 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I think this was a new twist on the "I want to change my PSN ID" theme. Nice try.

Message 4 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 25, 2013

No it wasnt. my PSN is/was CrotchBuffet87. I think you can see why it got banned.

Message 5 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BigDaddy7891 wrote:

No it wasnt. my PSN is/was CrotchBuffet87. I think you can see why it got banned.

No. I can't. Like Brit said their first reaction would be to change it not ban it. Especially since you had it so long and so much invested. They don't issue account bans lightly. Either it was for another reason or you just want to change your ID and not lose anything like so many others. PM a Mod for assistance or contact customer support. There's a link at the bottom of this page or call 1-800-345-7669

Message 6 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes