Highlighted
Feb 06 2011
By: SauceJohnson First Son 3 posts

My PSN Account hacked

22 replies 5720 views Edited Feb 6, 2011

My little brother was playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my account and this guy from Australia or something, said he'd give 15th prestige and so he gave him my email and password and now everything is changed. I can sign on as my gamertag on this website because I've always had the password saved and automatic sign-in, but I can't on my playstation and I see a whole new friends list. Everytime I call the PSN support, I always end up talking to a machine.

Message 1 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: My PSN Account hacked

Feb 6, 2011

SauceJohnson wrote:

My little brother was playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my account and this guy from Australia or something, said he'd give 15th prestige and so he gave him my email and password and now everything is changed. I can sign on as my gamertag on this website because I've always had the password saved and automatic sign-in, but I can't on my playstation and I see a whole new friends list. Everytime I call the PSN support, I always end up talking to a machine.

should have immediately used the forgot password option to recover/reset your password.

If the guy changed your e-mail, does it not send your old email a notification of the new email?

Sorry to say, though... this is what you get for trying to cheat/hack.  I know, not you, your little brother, but it's all the same.  He needs to learn, too.

Just keep trying Sony, probably on a weekday, though.

Message 2 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 6, 2011

It wouldn't of mattered because he changed the password of my email too.

Message 3 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1174 posts

Feb 6, 2011

You should have warned your little brother about hackers that try to take advantage of younger people...

Next time maybe you should apply strict rules when your brother plays on your account...so he won't make mistakes like that again....

-edin99

Message 4 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Feb 6, 2011

SauceJohnson wrote:

It wouldn't of mattered because he changed the password of my email too.

Why in the world would you use the same password for your e-mail?

I guess you're SOL then.

If you have purchases on your PSN ID, then you can try to call Sony and explain to them the situation and ask them to help you.

If not, create a new PSN ID and move on with life.

Message 5 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 6, 2011

It's hard to create a new one when you're 10th prestige on Black Ops.

Message 6 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2011

Damn same thing happened to me now I made a new one but I lost all my save data and trophies but I want my password how do I do this cant remember DoB

Message 7 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Mar 5, 2011

SauceJohnson wrote:

My little brother was playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my account and this guy from Australia or something, said he'd give 15th prestige and so he gave him my email and password and now everything is changed. I

my account is hacked??  not really..

sorry to say it  (and i meant no offense).. but it's pretty much your account was provided to another player.. he didn't hack into..

pretty much your little brother gave someone your username and password in hope of a better rank     pretty much is a trade.. and you got scammed.. that's all..

seriously.. i sure hope he doesn't provide people with security # or credit cards # ,,etc...just for the higher rank in some game...

i guess losing your PSN account is a lucky thing .. since there's no financial damage (money wise) involved  .. so in this case.. its' a lucky thing..

but better to re-educate this brother of your .. before he provides peple with info that are MORE sensitive (that could cause financial loss )  in hope a higher virtual rank in some game..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 6, 2011

wait if you can long in here with your account then why not just rest your password online and re-login on your ps3? if someone has your account and changed the password you would not be able to even login on the computer. Seems to me theres a problem with your ps3 not your account..

Message 9 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Mar 6, 2011

tip: dont let ur brother use ur ps3

Message 10 of 23 (5,720 Views)
0 Likes